Reboot out of nowhere

G

garlandtxuser

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 27, 2006
183
0
Garland, Texas
Anyone else's device reboot out of the clear blue tonight at 9:23 cdt? We were in the middle of a show and the box shut off and restarted back to a ---- prompt. We had to turn the device back on manually. Any ideas as to what happened? Am I getting ready to have some type of system failure that my wife will kill me over next week? Any FIOS experts listening in that can provide some insight would be appreciated.
 
Tom in TX

Tom in TX

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 27, 2004
917
1
garlandtxuser said:
Anyone else's device reboot out of the clear blue tonight at 9:23 cdt? We were in the middle of a show and the box shut off and restarted back to a ---- prompt. We had to turn the device back on manually. Any ideas as to what happened? Am I getting ready to have some type of system failure that my wife will kill me over next week? Any FIOS experts listening in that can provide some insight would be appreciated.

No problems at that time in Coppell, TX

Tom in TX
 
G

garlandtxuser

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 27, 2006
183
0
Garland, Texas
Thanks

Tom in TX said:
No problems at that time in Coppell, TX

Tom in TX

Thanks Tom. Not sure what happened. Hopefully nothing will go wrong. Since I have had the service less than a month I have not recieved my first bill so I am not good enough to contact suport at Verizon yet. Last time I needed tech support I had to go through 15 minutes of phone hell before I finally convinced some kind billing guy to pass me through a back door to tech support.

Hopefuloly Verizon will FIX THIS PROBLEM for new customers and release a phone number that does not require a non-existant account code to reach support. Although they provide good support once yo reach them, getting there is almost enough to make you want to cancel the service. Even Comcastrol (not a typo) made it easy to reach tech support.

While were are talking tech support, why does it not exist for the TV service online? Why can I find more about their DSL and dialup service that I can about FIOS products. One would think that with the investment Verizon is making in this, they would be better prepared to support it with a full knowledge base and FAQ. What a shame that so much focus is being placed on installing and not enough on customer focus.
 
K

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
7,583
0
Land O Lakes, FL
i will admit that the first bill takes a while to get there. it took us almost two months to get the first bill . they bill you for what you already had, and i think an extra month.
 
G

garlandtxuser

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 27, 2006
183
0
Garland, Texas
korsjs said:
i will admit that the first bill takes a while to get there. it took us almost two months to get the first bill . they bill you for what you already had, and i think an extra month.
That's unbelievable. What kind of moron decided to do the billing like that. Man, if I were living on a fixed income and got a 2 month bill Iwould be pissed. Thankfully I can afford it, b ut this should be corrected. this is no way to runa business. If is financially irresponsible and the stockholders should be screaming. To 'loan' subscribers their money is probably borderline criminal
 

Similar threads

JUCJ85
Replies
108
Views
8K
ncted
ncted
comfortably_numb
Replies
9
Views
1K
Tvland1
Tvland1
ncted
Replies
0
Views
766
ncted
ncted
L
Replies
35
Views
11K
krynn
krynn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

  • garlandtxuser
Top