Reboot/program closing problems with Sirius + AMD Athlon 64 X2

nicely

Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
I have been trying to use Sirius package I purchased about a month ago and have had so many problems. I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 and running Windows XP Home Edition.

First, when I set the recording timer to record a Sirius program the following day, it NEVER records. From perusing this forum and seeing it first hand, TimeTrax is causing my machine to reboot.

Second, anytime I turn on TimeTrax, then shut it down, the radio will stop, but the program never truly shuts down (as indicated by the Windows XP Task Manager). If I try to launch TimeTrax a second time, I receive an error say I may have another satellite application running. Even if I attempt to close TimeTrax via the Windows Task Manger, it will not close. When attempting to reboot or shut down my computer, I will always get the error “Ending Program, please wait…”.

Please let me know what I can do.

Thanks,

Nicely

Was this issue ever resolved? Other people (like me) are having issues with reboots... and I am running a dual core processor also.

It sure would be nice if the TT support staff would help people in the forums instead of always suggesting to "open a support ticket". It would be so much easier to search a forum database for a resolution to a problem rather than going through the time consuming process of opening a support ticket.

If you visit our help system there is a complete Knowledgebase section for these issues already in place.

http://help.timetraxtech.com

We like to handle each support issue at a personal level so that we can offer targeted support and it will help us keep track of issues for the development team.

Thanks

Derek

crazy

Your "knowledgebase" is ridiculous.

Examples:

"BSOD with P4 Processor (Hyper Threading)": You give the solution of disabling the second cpu. Nowhere do you explain that for a true dual-core processor this halves your machine's performance. (The hit isn't as bad for disabling hyperthreading, but it's probably still 30%).

"How to turn off Data Execution Prevention (DEP)": First, WHY do that? Second, are you saying your code is so buggy that to prevent crashes we need to let your pointers walk off into the code pages?

What the knowledgebase SHOULD say is your code is buggy and clobbers random memory locations until it crashes the machine, at least if you have a modern CPU.

I too am having problems with AMD X2 and Win XP SP2. The only solution that I have seen so far has told me to disable one of my processors. Is there another solution yet? I don't like the idea of disabling half of what I just paid for to run one small piece of software that still requires me to be on the net. When is the next working version of TT coming out, anyone?

Brian

I have XM instead of Sirius, but I don't think that makes a difference.

Brian

Is this a dead issue now? Did everyone owning 2 processors give up on trying to record on Sirius or XM? It appears the boards are silent. I am still looking for an answer from TT people, or anyone else for that matter. Can anyone say, next beta test?

Brian

We are working on it and we will have a beta release out shortly.

I can't say how long it will be as that is up to the development team.

I can say that it is being investigated.

D.

gumby42 said:
Is this a dead issue now? Did everyone owning 2 processors give up on trying to record on Sirius or XM? It appears the boards are silent. I am still looking for an answer from TT people, or anyone else for that matter. Can anyone say, next beta test?

Brian

Looks like it's a dead issue to me. :confused:

This whole forum seems to be a dead issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts