Rebranding of HD Cinema Channels have been done!

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
Lakeland, FL
I don't know if this is old news but I'll post it anyways. Well yesterday I got my VOOM CD in the mail and this is what it said

Now is a great time to put your HDTV to work with 10 new VOOM exclusive HD Movie Channels starting January 1, 2005. These are channels that broadcast HD 24/7. Click here to sign up for our best offer yet. [link to signup page] Here are details on each channel…

Family Room HD
Description: Movies and entertainment suitable for all ages.
Sample titles: Tom Sawyer, The Lost World of Sinbad, March of the Wooden Soldiers, The Nutcracker, Flipper
Channel: 101

WORLD CINEMA HD
Description: Global classics, award-winners and cinema from the world’s emerging film makers.
Sample titles: Italian for Beginners, Cinema Paradiso Director’s Cut, La Dolce Vita, The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, My Life as a Dog
Channel: 102

FILM FEST HD
Description: The art-house theatre experience brought home with a selection of independent movies, documentaries and curated festivals.
Sample titles: Roger Doger, Spellbound, Story of the Weeping Camel, Woody Allen Film Festival
Channel: 103

FU
Description: Welcome to the Wild Wild East! Amazing cinematography, lush colors and intense fight choreography in a line-up of Kung Fu, martial arts and anime.
Sample titles: Fists of Fury, The Legend of Bruce Lee, The Legend of the Swordsman, Tiger Cage
Channel: 104

GUY TV HD
Description: Finally, TV for the Average Joe. The action and comedy that men love.
Sample titles: Terminator, The Bounty, Windtalkers, Rocky, Platoon, Hart’s War, Hannibal and Throw Momma From the Train
Channel: 105

ha ha HD
Description: Fun and laughs with an array of movies for the comedy lover in your house.
Sample titles: Spaceballs, Three Amigos, Clean Slate
Channel: 106

THE MAJESTIC HD
Description: Discover the classic films and the great directors, memorable performances and groundbreaking techniques that have played a role in the history of movie making, all re-mastered in stunning hi-definition.
Sample titles: Gilda, Funny Face, Elmer Gantry, The Manchurian Candidate
Channel: 107

VICE HD
Description: From the suspense of a good whodunnit to the thrill of classic cops and robbers, a movie channel that looks at those who break the law and those who bring them to justice.
Sample titles: Thomas Crown Affair, Thelma & Louise, Silence of the Lambs, The Cotton Club
Channel: 108

GUNSLINGERS HD
Description: Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, and all the mythic heroes who roamed the Wild West. Good, old-fashioned westerns with a modern HD edge.
Sample titles: Dual at Diablo, The Horse Soldiers, Red River
Channel: 109

Divine HD
Description: Gay and lesbian favorites as well as some of the campiest movies around – with witty commentary provided free of charge from our cast of outrageous HDivas.
Sample titles: Camp, Mahogany, The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Nico and Dani, Some Like it Hot, The Wedding Banquet
Channel: 110

These channels are not new except for FU. They just remamed the 10 they already have.

Some pretty good movies listed there! Thanks for posting, FreddyvsJasonvsAsh!

I changed the title of the thread. What are the meaning of the * on the Guy Tv HD channel and Vice HD channel?

I don't know how those stars got on there because they weren't on the VOOM CD. I went to VOOMs site and ordered the CD (CD-Rom). It has the newsletter board on it and it gives you updates each month

Oh, oh. Does this mean MONSTERS is history?
That's one of the main reasons I decided to give Voom a shot.
Losing MONSTERS may cost them more fans than they think.
I hope it's not true!

johnalan said:
Oh, oh. Does this mean MONSTERS is history?
That's one of the main reasons I decided to give Voom a shot.
Losing MONSTERS may cost them more fans than they think.
I hope it's not true!

Monsters will still be on. Monsters, although a movie channel, is not considered part of the 10 HD Cinema channels. It is its own channel.

That's great that we will be getting Film Fest AND the World Cinema channels. Awhile back it seemed they were condensing them into one channel. This is really great that they will be separate! Go VOOM!

1080iBeVuMin said:
That's great that we will be getting Film Fest AND the World Cinema channels. Awhile back it seemed they were condensing them into one channel. This is really great that they will be separate! Go VOOM!
I agree! I too had some concerns about them doing the Arthouse channel in place of the WorldCinema. Glad they are going to have both!

I guess the Documentary channel is gone! Hope that in the future as documentaries are shot in HD, it will re-surface somehow.

Were there logos and stuff? Any chance you could take a screen shot of the image?

I think this is happening January 1st. I took a look at zap2it.com and on January 1st they have channel 104 with kungfu movies and the next day and the next day. Only hope is for the PG to right this time!

I hope theyre around long enough for me to enjoy some of these flicks.... ces should be very interesting, looking forward to finding their booth there and see what they have for us. Ill know within about 5 seconds of looking at their booth which way they are going to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts