Rebranding of HD Cinema Channels have been done!

TheTimm said:
I actually like the way they repeat the two movies all day long.
Agreed, esp. without a DVR. But must the movies repeat so frequently day-to-day? I think if I see "Pal Joey" again this month my head will explode. On the other hand, it was great to see "The Magnificent Seven" over the weekend; VOOM should consider repeating these marquee films more frequently.

who_the said:
VOOM should consider repeating these marquee films more frequently.
Definitely agree with that. I too wish they'd show their better movies more frequently than the not-so-great ones. Maybe it's a money thing. But I've had Voom for a while now and just the other day was the first time I recall Mystic Pizza being run. Even if it wasn't the first time it was run with me as a subscriber, it certainly hasn't been shown nearly as often as Pal Joey, et al.

As I understand it, there is a window for which they license any non-propietary movies. Of course, the larger the window, the more you will pay.

These threads (I think) have captured a large pecentage of what they have played on HD Cinema.

10 Movie channels (not including Monsters) x 2 Movies (per day) x 30 days = 600 movies! Which ones would you like to be repeat through the month. If you guys compile the list, they will know what you guys want to watch. They come here all the time to see what you guys are saying. Remember we are talking about repeats here, not new movies. I have seen a lot of them but not all.

Monthly tracking of New HD Content On VOOM 21 Exclusive channels.

plus

These Old Threads

February and March 2004 Epics HD Library of Movies

December 2003 & January 2004 through April 2004 HD Cinema Library of Movies

February and March 2004 Monsters HD Library of Movies

Sean Mota said:
Which ones would you like to be repeat through the month. If you guys compile the list, they will know what you guys want to watch. They come here all the time to see what you guys are saying. Remember we are talking about repeats here, not new movies.
Okay, since you asked ...

My Top 20

Natural Born Killers
A Hard Day's Night
Hoosiers
Easy Rider
The Man in the Moon
Benny and Joon
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Bad Boys
Krush Groove
The Evil Dead
Bubba Ho-Tep
The Terminator
A Clockwork Orange
Mystic Pizza
The Purple Rose of Cairo
Spellbinder
A Nightmare on Elm Street
From Dusk Till Dawn 3
A Little Princess
Mad Max

Other Favorites

Mermaids
Molly
Mississippi Burning
Rush
In The Mood
Arizona Dreams
Hoodlum
Putney Swope
The Wanderers
Heaven and Earth
White Nights
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
F/X
Paperhouse
Oh, God!
Diggstown
Thelma and Louise
This World, Then the Fireworks
Lord of the Flies
Article 99
The Addiction
The Magnificent Seven

Some that are listed as having been shown that I haven't had a chance to catch since I've been Vooming (If they've aired at all since I've been a Voomer, they certainly haven't aired much!)

The Usual Suspects
Platoon
Six Degrees of Separation
Four Weddings and a Funeral
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka
Jason's Lyric
South Central
Foxy Brown
Easy Money
Rocky V

So does this mean there is no chance of seeing movies/events that played 2 months ago before I was a subscriber?
I was really wanting to see Led Zepplin on Rave, and the wife would be much less bitchy about VOOM if she saw Benny & Joon in HD. Not that she has a say in the cable/sat decision, but she still voices her opinion(rather annoyingly at that).
The repeats are great because you don't need a DVR to catch them, but once there is a DVR available, it will just be frustrating to have the same movies repeated over and over as they are now.
How about one movie played throughout the day with about five or so others atlernating between showings of the days featured movie?

On another note, I saw Rave HD Video Mi:mad:video clips from previous Rave events), and was fairly impressed. Good way to add some variety to the channel, and a great alternative to MTV/VH1.

Oh, crap! How could I forget Benny and Joon?! What a movie! Must edit now...

And to answer your question, PhilipF -- there's a chance ( and a pretty good one, I'd say) that you'll see what you want to see. considering how many movies they've shown that I like, there really aren't that many that I'm still waiting on. If this had been discussed a few days ago, Mystic Pizza woulda been on my "please show this again" list instead of my "Top 20". And, believe it or not, this thread taking this turn just might get something kickstarted over at the Voom HQ.

now, really must edit Top 20 list . . . :D

How cool would it be for VOOM to have an interactive poll channel where we could vote on what available movies we would like to see?
It could work something like a PPV channel, only instead of transferring billing info, it could transfer movie/channel/feature request to the home office.
VOOM has their own original channels where they control the content. D* and E* are limited to what is being provided by the channels they carry.
This would give VOOM something that the other guys simply CAN'T OFFER!

PhilipF said:
How cool would it be for VOOM to have an interactive poll channel where we could vote on what available movies we would like to see?
It could work something like a PPV channel, only instead of transferring billing info, it could transfer movie/channel/feature request to the home office.
VOOM has their own original channels where they control the content. D* and E* are limited to what is being provided by the channels they carry.
This would give VOOM something that the other guys simply CAN'T OFFER!

Better yet...how about the 'Customer Request Channel', where you call up, request a movie and there it is! :D

Philip, Yanks ... each of you is a flippin' genius IMO. :D Great ideas.

Me? Not so bright... I forgot Easy Rider, too! Sigh. :rolleyes: