Receive OTA HD & C Band HD

abrezin

Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Gentlemen, I am new to this site and I am looking forward to learning and hopefully contributing in the forum with other members. I have a question about my General Instruments DSR 922 4dtv receiver. What is available in the way of a set top receiver for receiving digital/HD OTA and through my DSR 922 receiver? I know of two receivers Sony HD 200 and Samsung DTB H260F, but I am not sure if those will work with the DSR 922. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
abrezin

problem receiving one particular ota channel

Not sure if this is where it belongs and/or it starts a new thread; but here goes:

I picked up a winegard hd9095, I am in Watertown, Wi, and am between Madison and Milwaukee. Looking to pick up the Milwaukee locals as DISH HD service does not pass those aglong yet. Even though there is a channel in Milwaukee in the violet section on antennaweb.org it comes in great but another one, in violet, which is my fox channel and was hoping to have a packer party on saturday has been anywhere from eighties signal strength to crapping out alot since I put it up last sunday.

Right now it has been out most of today and is making noise going in and out. I am going bonkers with this situation. Ive invested too much money with the antenna and being installed. AHHHHHH!

I think the only way you can receive HD through the 922 is with a HDD-200.

It looks like you will have to run another line of RG6 cable from an in-door or out-door TV antenna to a OTA conversion box then to the TV.

A lot of ex-directtv or dishnet boxes will work like the Samsung TS360 among a lot of others will work. You can find them cheap on ebay.

Most of the HD-OTA singles that you can receive are in UHF, so you will need a good UHF antenna. I use aCM4228 and receive singles from 60 miles perfect.

The HD-200 is a converter for people like me who have a BUD and 4DTV. It is the only way I know how to receive HD using a DSR-922 4DTV receiver.

I wish someone would come up with some thing else. The HD-200 is lots of $$$$$$$$$$$

Not sure if this is where it belongs and/or it starts a new thread; but here goes:

I picked up a winegard hd9095, I am in Watertown, Wi, and am between Madison and Milwaukee. Looking to pick up the Milwaukee locals as DISH HD service does not pass those aglong yet. Even though there is a channel in Milwaukee in the violet section on antennaweb.org it comes in great but another one, in violet, which is my fox channel and was hoping to have a packer party on saturday has been anywhere from eighties signal strength to crapping out alot since I put it up last sunday.

Right now it has been out most of today and is making noise going in and out. I am going bonkers with this situation. Ive invested too much money with the antenna and being installed. AHHHHHH!

With two decent antennas (probably in attic) you will get all the Milwaukee and Madison Channels in HD.

WITI is working on transmiter this week: WITI DT Off Air during Tower Work 1/14 - 1/18 - MilwaukeeHDTV.org Forums

for madison information (FOX47 is on VHF 11 and pretty strong)
MadCityHD.com

I am in the Falls and get all the MILW locals and WISC and WBUW from madison

Gentlemen, I am new to this site and I am looking forward to learning and hopefully contributing in the forum with other members. I have a question about my General Instruments DSR 922 4dtv receiver. What is available in the way of a set top receiver for receiving digital/HD OTA and through my DSR 922 receiver? I know of two receivers Sony HD 200 and Samsung DTB H260F, but I am not sure if those will work with the DSR 922. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
abrezin

You can get a DVB receiver like the Pansat 9200 HD

With two decent antennas (probably in attic) you will get all the Milwaukee and Madison Channels in HD.

WITI is working on transmiter this week: WITI DT Off Air during Tower Work 1/14 - 1/18 - MilwaukeeHDTV.org Forums

for madison information (FOX47 is on VHF 11 and pretty strong)
MadCityHD.com

I am in the Falls and get all the MILW locals and WISC and WBUW from madison

The winegard hd9095 is a UHF roof antenna, therefore no Fox47, and the reason I bought that is the Milwaukee's channels I want are all UHF!!

A really nice and powerful UHF antenna is a CM4228. Although it is billed as a UHF only antenna it will pick up VHF channels eight on up perfectly.

I use the CM4228 and pick up channels over sixty miles away.

Not really that costly, fifty to seventy bucks but well worth the money.

I live about forty miles south of Richmond VA and pick up all of the channels. Next summer I will put a rotor on it and pick up some NC stations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)