Received letter from Dish about redirecting my dish

I got the same letter Saturday the 17th, have the same two dish setup as Mo Fly, I'm in SE Texas. I'm supposed to call and set up an appointment for a tech to come out and "Dish will professionally redirect my antenna for free". (Before I opened the letter, I figured it was another notice that the Cinemax .01 deal was over:D)
I wouldn't mind having a one dish set up but since I'm only got Absolute plus locals and one 622 I doubt they'd go for that. Besides, I tell all the neighbors that I need two dishes for all my programming;)

I called and scheduled the tech to come out 4/23, between noon and 5 pm, he showed up around 2:15 pm, said his work order was to "repoint the dish to 129". He tried to pick up 129 but where the dish pointing at 61.5 was mounted, the neighbor's chimney was blocking the view. He called his boss and the boss told him to replace the two dish set up with a 1000.2 set up. Took him about 1.5 hours for the install, did a good job. So now I've got a single dish with 110/119/129, have the Absolute pak with locals, so I picked up the four channels recently launched (Short flicks, Epix, Indie, Retro). This was done at no charge so if you're in the same boat I'd wait for Dish to contact you with the "letter". Signal strength is about the same as with the two dish setup, and I was getting the "lnb drift" error message on the 61.5 prior to the changeout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts