Received my 360 back from MS

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
Sent it in for the RRoD. Received the same chassis, since the serial # is the same. Looks like they're starting to swap out the MB instead of sending out refurb'd units? So far so good.

I thought all downloaded content was tied to your gamer tag and not the console itself? It's my sons 360. He didn't have anything downloaded, so I can't test that out.

If my main 360 dies this could be a problem, if I get another system back. My wife plays arcade games but doesn't have an ID. I download everything using my account. If I understand correctly, the wife couldn't login to her local account and play arcade games, in the event of a failure and I get a different console back?

I had to send mine in about 3 weeks ago, I got it back in 7 days..they sent me a refurb..my old box was freezing up...started out of the blue too, then it progressivly got worse over like 3 days...it went to where it would freeze up after playing a game for 15 minutes to freezing up before the dashboard even loaded. But the new console runs ALOT cooler and ALOT quieter, so so far so good

Everyone that I know who sent in a RRoD 360 got a refurb'd or new one in return. I found it odd that I got the same serial # back. I know it's a new MB because the mac address changed. As long as I get no more failures, we're happy.

I have heard (dont know how true it is) But after so many returns some people have gotten Elites back in exchange for Pro Consoles..again..I dont know how true it is

Anyone up for some Halo 3 tonight?

Next Game??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)