Received software version U506 on my 2 Hopper3 receivers

Work is being done to improve the system performance of the new UI on Hoppers. Once that work is completed, a new software label will be deployed to all Hoppers and the “old UI” will be retired.
This applies to all Hoppers ? I know the H3 is fast but nothing can be too fast !

Channel 540 disappeared a several days back. They are using that transponder for Alaska at the moment.
It wasn't that long ago I set a time for the basketball game recently. Is it coming back. Why can we not have a 4K 24/7 channel like we used to get when we got HDTV in the beginning?

Reactions: pattykay
It wasn't that long ago I set a time for the basketball game recently. Is it coming back. Why can we not have a 4K 24/7 channel like we used to get when we got HDTV in the beginning?
I’m sure it will be back. They needed to borrow the transponder probably for an emergency.

Ok. You can wait on it if you want to. I like this feature and it worked very fast. From now on I will be updating as soon as I find there is new software in the air.
OK, you talked me in to updating to U506. Got one H3 done, other H3 is updating now. I checked one of my 4KJs that is linked to the updated H3 with U506 and it hasn't updated yet. Still on U483. Is there anything I can do to get it to update or just wait? It is in standby mode.

Reactions: KE4EST
OK, you talked me in to updating to U506. Got one H3 done, other H3 is updating now. I checked one of my 4KJs that is linked to the updated H3 with U506 and it hasn't updated yet. Still on U483. Is there anything I can do to get it to update or just wait? It is in standby mode.
OK, figured it out. Hopper and all linked Joeys have to be in standby mode then the Joeys will update to newest software.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Perhaps it was there before, but on U506 there is a preview window even on menu windows, not just on the Guide Window.

Same with U284 on the Joey 2.0.

BTY, when I came into my office this am the SAT light was stuck on on the 54 remote. No stuck buttons, no response from any buttons on the remote.

Had to remove the batteries to get it to go out, seems normal now.

Reactions: charlesrshell
BTY, when I came into my office this am the SAT light was stuck on on the 54 remote. No stuck buttons, no response from any buttons on the remote.

The bedroom 54 remote did that yesterday. Used the same solution.

Perhaps it was there before, but on U506 there is a preview window even on menu windows, not just on the Guide Window.

Same with U284 on the Joey 2.0.

Same thing happened to me too for one of my 54.0 remotes. Did the same thing, removed and reinstalled the batteries and all is well now. Right before it happened there was a window that popped open saying it was updating the remote. I have one other 54.0 and six 40.0s paired to this H3 and they did not have the same issue.

Last night, I tried to watch a recorded episode of Vikings and it wouldn't play (from the H3). I tried from the Joey and it worked but it showed the "Watched" meter as all the way watched. Since I tried to watch from a different device, the Hopper and Joey know this, so you get the secondary window asking where to start at. On that window, it shows the remaining time as "1h4m". That window also has a title of "true".

IMG_0896.JPG
IMG_0897.JPG

I also tried to watch Knightfall while it was still recording and it wouldn't play back (from the H3) either.
I watched it on my H3 while recording and it worked . I also watch the recorded newest Vikings without problem.

Not sure if I have U506 yet, (Is there a way to check remotely via Dish Anywhere?) but I had trouble watching in-progress recordings last night. It took a couple of tries to get it to start from the beginning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts