Received software version U506 on my 2 Hopper3 receivers

Just checked, mine too. The only thing I notice, which may not be new, is a banner at the bottom of the EPG that says Press and hold Info for Help on any screen. I did it on live TV and gave me a diagram of the 54 remote and what the buttons do

Reactions: charlesrshell
Were people seeing issues with Netflix locking up on U504, by chance ? This frequently happened if someone left it on Netflix and then walked away (quit watching - it would make the Hopper completely unresponsive and the only solution was a reboot.

Reactions: pattykay
Well, guess I was blackballed. :coco
Charles if you hit the home button on your remote three times it will bring up the receiver screen. Go to TOOLS sub heading and you can choose to upgrade to the latest software. I just hit that button and my receiver is updating the software. It will knock out tv service up to 30 minutes while it updates-is what the message says. But it should give you the next software update.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Charles if you hit the home button on your remote three times it will bring up the receiver screen. Go to TOOLS sub heading and you can choose to upgrade to the latest software. I just hit that button and my receiver is updating the software. It will knock out tv service up to 30 minutes while it updates-is what the message says. But it should give you the next software update.
Thanks MikeD-C05, but I am not in a hurry for it. I love the natural way! ;)

December 2017 Software Update!12/12 5:58p
As part of the continuing improvement of DISH products, receiver software updates are periodically released. Beginning 12/13/17, a new software version will be deployed to all Hopper models and Wally.

The updated software will deploy to new and existing installations for Hopper 3, Hopper w/ Sling, and Wally. Preloaded receivers will update to the new software overnight or when they are manually placed into standby.

Hoppers with the old UI will not be updated at this time.

• Work is being done to improve the system performance of the new UI on Hoppers. Once that work is completed, a new software label will be deployed to all Hoppers and the “old UI” will be retired.
December software release details
  • Support for Joey 3
  • General performance improvements
  • OTA performance improvements
Important note on software updates
  • There may be more than one current software version for a receiver at any one time
  • Receivers will only download updated software when they are in standby and all tuners are inactive
  • Receivers will not download updated software until they are targeted to retrieve the next software version
Benefit: The new software update will support Joey 3 models and improve system reliability.

My h3 updated to 506 last night. Noticed this morning my ota locals were still in the guide, they have been disappearing daily for the last few months & been having to rescan daily also. Was going to replace the receiver, if they're still in the guide tomorrow morning I'll be a happy camper.

My h3 updated to 506 last night. Noticed this morning my ota locals were still in the guide, they have been disappearing daily for the last few months & been having to rescan daily also. Was going to replace the receiver, if they're still in the guide tomorrow morning I'll be a happy camper.

Your patience has been rewarded. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)