Received the Game in 480i!

SpringsGuy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 11, 2004
Colorado Springs
Man i was dissapointed last night, i checked threw my program guide and it said the game was going to be in HD on ABC. Well here in colorado springs my OTA ABC is 480i. Who do i call? And how do i get the number? Thanks... Hope i don't have to suffer watching the rest of my football games this season in 480i, if so i am going to have to subscribe with someone who will give me my locals in HD. Adelphia my last cable company atleast gave me all the football games on sunday in hd. Why can't voom preform this simple task? OTA from local providers isn't cutting it, i want national feed....

SpringsGuy if ABC in your area is not in HD, I doubt there is any provider right now that can bring you ABC in HD. Also if they forgot to turn on HD for the game, the cable broadcast would have been the same. I suggest you email the technical operations guy at that station. Have you seen ABC HD games ever? I mean there have been 3 or 4 already in HD for preseason. In any case if you used to get Sunday games in HD from Fox (ED) and CBS last season, the same should happen with your new OTA antenna and at better quality than cable.

yes i have received games on ABC in HD on Sunday last season with adelphia my last provider. Of course ABC wasn't in constant HD for every program but they piped threw the games in HD on Sunday. Yes that was probably one of the only good things about adelphia's HD package. And their SD was pure crap pixelation heaven. Would never switch back to adelphia's analog/digital cable whatever you wanna call it. And i doubt my local ABC provider will flip the switch just for 1 guy calling and requesting them to do it. But i do need to find out if its a problem on my side or theirs.

SpringsGuy, if I'm wrong here someone correct me, but the National feed comes from ABC in HD, the local station then "flips the switch" to HD or SD, or if they are HD incapable they stay SD.

If you had Adelphia you would probably have seen the game in SD, since they get the same feed you do, and just redistribute it through their head end.

So that leaves you with calling/e-mailing your local station and telling them last night's game was in SD, and asking them to please never ever do this again or you will shoot bottle rockets at them as they go to work.

Also are their multiple ABC stations in your area? Maybe there's one that's HD uncapable and Adelphia typically shows another one in your area that is?

In addition to that here is the list of of DTV broadcasters in your area:
<table bgcolor="#cccccc" border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="497"> <tbody><tr><td align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top">[font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] Colorado Springs-Pueblo, CO <!-- - Colorado Springs, CO[/size][/font]</td>--> </font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] 93[/size][/font]</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] KKTV[/size][/font]</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] CBS[/size][/font]</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] 11.n[/size][/font]</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] 10[/size][/font]</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] <!-- - Colorado Springs, CO[/size][/font]</td>--> </font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] [/size][/font]
</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] KXRM-TV[/size][/font]</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] FOX[/size][/font]</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] 21.n[/size][/font]</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] 22[/size][/font]</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] <!-- - Pueblo, CO[/size][/font]</td>--> </font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] [/size][/font]
</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] KTSC[/size][/font]</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] PBS[/size][/font]</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] 8.n[/size][/font]</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> [font=Verdana, Arial][size=-1] 26[/size][/font]</td></tr></tbody> </table>

I have found that the NAB keeps this list pretty accurate. ABC is not HD in your market, and you are ranked as 93rd so perhaps through D* by NEXT football season you will be good to go.

SpringsGuy said:
Hmm very interesting stuff Dvlos thanks man. How do i get the number for my local ABC provider? Phonebook? lol....
Find out who the local station engineer is and get his email and develop a good relationship with him. Most engineers love to get feedback on what's happening with their station. Oddly enough, a lot of stations don't even monitor the digital channel, they are too busy catering to J6P's Analog signal. :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts