Received upgrade letter 942 to 622, advice?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just an update on my situation. The installer came out with a new 722 to replace my owned 942. The 722 is leased but the lease fee is waived. I kept my 942 since it has a lot of programming recorded on it (and they were going to give me $10 for it).

I have an owned 942 that was never activated and is still in the original box from Dish. I'm using a 622 on my main TV and an old (but still working great 510) on the SDTV I have in the bedroom. Assuming that I want to upgrade the bedroom tv in the next 6-12 months, I'll want a new (HD) receiver. Do you think it's possible to have Dish "upgrade" my 942 to a 622 but not have it activated until I actually plug it in? The 510 has no DVR fee and it's fine with the TV I have, but if I can get something out of the 942 now, I'd like to do that.

I wonder if they'd even let you activate that 942 now. I'm reading conflicting reports here. The upgrade is intended for active receivers. Couldn't hurt to try. But I'm sure they're going to want to activate it ASAP. No point in putting leased equipment in a customer's home for free and with no income.

Are you SURE that's not a 501 you have, since the 510 has ALWAYS had a DVR fee... (unless you're on AEP)

Whoops, you're right. It's a 508 (the bigger of the 5xx that doesn't have a DVR fee).

I'll give them a call and see what they want to do - I wouldn't want to activate the 942 (even if they'd let me which I don't think they would.) I just figure that since I own a 942 that isn't activated and they're offering upgrades to get the 942s out of play, maybe they'd let me have a 622 and keep it not activated until I'm ready.

I'm not going to be too concerned if they say no, but since I haven't been paying to have the 942 in my closet, I figure I shouldn't pay to have a 622 in my closet either :).

If this falls through, anyone want to buy a 942?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)