receiver and dish that receive bev and dishtv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

buckspaul

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
i was in mexico last week i ran into guy from toronto who has some ultra receiver and system with one dish that can receive BEV and dish tv similtaneously also european channels can anyone shed any light on this system and receiver. he wasnt that clear he said the hd receiver cost about $800.. thanks
also i was amazed that star choice works in puerto vallarta. just a regular size dish and the angle was incredibly high did not see any BEV dishes or direct tv or dish only.... Sky.

i was in mexico last week i ran into guy from toronto who has some ultra receiver and system with one dish that can receive BEV and dish tv similtaneously...
BEV and Dish use the same system. But their sats are at different locations.
He either had two dishes or used one on a HH motor. If it was handled by one receiver - it is an illegal system.
...also european channels
You can't see European sats in Americas. It could either be a re-transmission (e.g. BBC on Nimiq 1) or FTA.
can anyone shed any light on this system and receiver. he wasnt that clear he said the hd receiver cost about $800..
Most probably a modern (hacked) hidef FTA receiver.
also i was amazed that star choice works in puerto vallarta. just a regular size dish and the angle was incredibly high did not see any BEV dishes or direct tv or dish only...
The dish itself is just a reflector. What it says on it might have nothing to do with the signal it is handling.

Diogen.

Star Choice is the only Ku-band signal among the others mentioned, which are all DBS instead. DBS signals do not work well in central and southern Mexico, and it seems that each new satellite has decreased coverage to the south. Bell ExpressVu has its own unique signal problems that most of us already know about. Star Choice on the other hand has purposely directed healthy signals to most of Mexico, in view of the large number of snowbirds there, as well as Canadian retirees. Anik F2 is stronger than F1R, but both are much stronger in signal strength than any of our DBS signals.

let rcmp know about him.

I say let's blacklist his name for good in this forum & report his post to the RCMP. :hungry: :eureka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)