Receiver causing interference on phone line

mfs54729

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls, WI.
Has anyone had problems with their Dish receiver causing interference on their phone
line?

I talked my in-laws into subscribing to Dishnetwork. They have a 625 receiver. They
started hearing a radio station in the background on their phones. I started unplugging
phones to determine where the interference was coming from. When I unplug the phone
line from their Dish receiver the interference goes away. Has anyone else had this
problem? Is there any kind of filter or anything I can put on the phone line to make this
go away? I haven't called customer no-service yet, I was hoping someone here could
help me. Since it is a 625 receiver if I unplug the phone line they will get charged an
extra $5 a month.

Thanks.

I have noise on one of my 522's. It may be due to a power surge on the lines but I highly doubt that since nothing else on that phone line has been damaged. I did have a few things damaged that are on another phone line of mine one evening when we had a bad thunderstorm (the same night the Blimp crashed near my house).

It seems to interfere with my DSL a bit so I unplug it and when I get the banner on the screen warning me that I will be charged then I plug it back in for a few days. I really need to call Dish to troubleshoot it but I am not sure if they will charge me to replace it, I may just wait and see if something else dies on the receiver.

In your case I would call Dishnetwork (or your in-laws call them ) and get it replaced. It doesn't sound like it happened because of a surge. More than likely just defective.

Check the wriring and the jack that the DVR is plugged into you make have a short or a bad connection.

If you have DSL, you will need a filter on every device plugged into the phone line that the DSL service is on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)