Receiver Changes to Incorrect Channel

cj43

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
When Iam watching a channel on the OTA tuner and input a satellite channel number on the remote, the receiver sometimes changes to the first satellite channel in my favorites list instead of the channel inputted on the remote. For example, I am on OTA channel 004-01 and I press channel 140 on the remote. The Dish Receiver incorrectly changes to channel 105 but the Dish channel banner across the top of the screen says its on Channel 140. I don't see this problem when Iam on a Satellite tuner and input another channel number. It only seems to occur when changing off a channel on the OTA tuner.

This happens on my VIP622 and both my VIP211 receivers. I have a Dish 1000 with a Dish Pro Quad and a Dish Pro Dual going into a DPP44. Anybody know what might be the problem?

Last edited:
I've seen this problem before on my 921. Hold the power button on the receiver until it reboots. That usually fixes the problem for me.

I've seen this problem before on my 921. Hold the power button on the receiver until it reboots. That usually fixes the problem for me.

Yeah, I've tried that with no luck. I've also pulled the power and cleared the check switch with the same results. Still it sporadicly changes to the wrong channel when on the OTA tuner.

Wrong channel on vip211

This last Sunday, I was scanning OTA channels, when I went from 5-01 (NBC) to 5-02 (local weather), it skipped that channel as if it did not exist.
I went to the guide, and verified that 5-02 was on the list.
When I select it from the guide list, it took me to to some really high channel number for some PPV event.
I did a check switch to reset the guide, and everything worked fine after that.
I thought it was strange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts