Receiver froze up?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've got the protection plan, but when I called to activate a replacement H20 (2 years ago) they tacked-on 2 years citing activation of the new device. They said the plan only covers the cost of the replacement equipment, activating still triggered a new commitment.

If the unit was defective, they did you wrong.

I've got the protection plan, but when I called to activate a replacement H20 (2 years ago) they tacked-on 2 years citing activation of the new device. They said the plan only covers the cost of the replacement equipment, activating still triggered a new commitment.

Just found THIS on the D* website:

Does the replacement equipment require a service commitment? What does it cost?

No. There is no service commitment required. The replacement DIRECTV HD equipment is leased with no commitment and the replacement equipment is free of charge. DIRECTV will replace any HD receivers and/or dish antenna that is currently active on the account (that has not already been swapped) that will no longer be compatible with the new broadcast methods.

Just found THIS on the D* website:

Does the replacement equipment require a service commitment? What does it cost?

No. There is no service commitment required. The replacement DIRECTV HD equipment is leased with no commitment and the replacement equipment is free of charge. DIRECTV will replace any HD receivers and/or dish antenna that is currently active on the account (that has not already been swapped) that will no longer be compatible with the new broadcast methods.
What if it has already been swapped?

What do they mean by this I wonder then?

That sounds like swapping out H10-250s. When they were doing a lot of those people would get a new DVR and were allowed to keep the old one if they kept it activated. Then later on they would call to swap it again. Directv started to keep a record of which units had alreay been swapped.

Just finished reading this thread. My HR22 was running very slow last night, so I did a red button reboot. Unfortunately it now boots to the Step 1 of 2 Checking Satellite Settings page and goes no further.

I have tried several resets via the red button.
I have unplugged the unit and plugged it back in.
I have unplugged the unit, left it unplugged for about 10 minutes and plugged it back in.
I have unplugged the unit for 15 seconds, plugged it in until the blue ring appeared, unplugged it again for 15 seconds, and then plugged it back in.
I have unplugged the unit, plugged it in, and hit 0-2-4-6-8 on the remote.

Unfortunately none of these things have helped. it just stops at the Step 1 of 2 Checking Satellite Settings display.

I received an email last night that says:

You may have experienced a transmission glitch to your DIRECTV service. DIRECTV has fixed the problem and automatically reset the receivers. There's nothing further that you need to do. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this technical issue has caused.

Our promise is to provide you with the best television experience, and to resolve any issues that might arise as quickly as possible.

Not real happy right now, and my wife is even less happy. If Momma's not happy, no one is happy.

I'm going to try to call customer support when they open.

What do they mean by this I wonder then?

Ok here an scenario where this rule falls under...

1. Hemi has a HR10-250 it has been swapped for a HR2x due to mpeg4 HD, who then sells me the HR10-250 swap even though by policy we want old hd boxes gone (hence the swap ) but if I tried swapping it out our system would reject an swap order as the RID number already had been swapped out once originally by you.

2. You own a reciever and lets say the phone modem dies in it. and you happen to actually use it. we send out a replacement. you put the old box down in the basement tv. everything is fine and dandy for a year or so and then that same box has tuner issue or no longer turns on , we would not replace it again we already replaced it once with a working box.

Hopefully that gives you a better idea of what they mean

Just finished reading this thread. My HR22 was running very slow last night, so I did a red button reboot. Unfortunately it now boots to the Step 1 of 2 Checking Satellite Settings page and goes no further.

I have tried several resets via the red button.
I have unplugged the unit and plugged it back in.
I have unplugged the unit, left it unplugged for about 10 minutes and plugged it back in.
I have unplugged the unit for 15 seconds, plugged it in until the blue ring appeared, unplugged it again for 15 seconds, and then plugged it back in.
I have unplugged the unit, plugged it in, and hit 0-2-4-6-8 on the remote.

Unfortunately none of these things have helped. it just stops at the Step 1 of 2 Checking Satellite Settings display.

I received an email last night that says:

You may have experienced a transmission glitch to your DIRECTV service. DIRECTV has fixed the problem and automatically reset the receivers. There's nothing further that you need to do. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this technical issue has caused.

Our promise is to provide you with the best television experience, and to resolve any issues that might arise as quickly as possible.

Not real happy right now, and my wife is even less happy. If Momma's not happy, no one is happy.

I'm going to try to call customer support when they open.

Billing and Tech are open as of 8am EST so call up.

I got a nice email from D* this morning explaining that "You may have experienced a transmission glitch to your DIRECTV service." I imagine it may have felt like more than a "glitch" to those less tech savvy ones. :D

I got a nice email from D* this morning explaining that "You may have experienced a transmission glitch to your DIRECTV service." I imagine it may have felt like more than a "glitch" to those less tech savvy ones. :D
Same here...
spacer.gif
Dear dfergie,
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Thank you for being a valued DIRECTV customer.

Ok here an scenario where this rule falls under...

1. Hemi has a HR10-250 it has been swapped for a HR2x due to mpeg4 HD, who then sells me the HR10-250 swap even though by policy we want old hd boxes gone (hence the swap ) but if I tried swapping it out our system would reject an swap order as the RID number already had been swapped out once originally by you.

2. You own a reciever and lets say the phone modem dies in it. and you happen to actually use it. we send out a replacement. you put the old box down in the basement tv. everything is fine and dandy for a year or so and then that same box has tuner issue or no longer turns on , we would not replace it again we already replaced it once with a working box.

Hopefully that gives you a better idea of what they mean

Ok so are you are saying than if i was to get a defective receiver replaced and returned the bad unit (not keep it on my account for another tv) and say now the new receiver went that replaced the defective one, will that one be replaced?

Last edited:
Ok so are you are saying than if i was to get a defective receiver replaced and returned the bad unit (not keep it on my account for another tv) and say now the new receiver went that replaced the defective one, will that one be replaced?

Short answer Yes.

Basically what happens is this the rule is around for customer who still own equipment and Legacy HD swaps again owned equipment where we dont ask for the quipment back.

If the replacement breaks we ill replace it only time we had refused reiplacement which wa when 1 guy purposely broke his HR22 replacements over and over again ( went though like 5 of them in 2 months ) trying to get an HR24 when they first came out. So we do apply common sense logic here.

I am still having problems two days later. Is anyone else still having this issue?

After getting through to technical support and going through their inane troubleshooting steps (as if a software push can cause problems with the coax cable), I finally got them to agree to send a technician. He will be here TUESDAY, 5 days from now. I see that support money they charge me every month is well spent!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)