Receiver info

DishInstallAdam

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
I have to go out and replace a 301/311 receiver, # R0054750867, with another. Is a 311 receiver # R0079819205 an updated unit to replace the prior unit? or is that unit out of date also?

you have to look at the S# (smart card number)....
S00-old card (yellow)
S19 is newer card and in most cases will work fine but you need to verify the R&S # with Dish

311 is a SD only receiver but still will work fine. It also can get 8PSK for some markets SD locals

I have to go out and replace a 301/311 receiver with another. A 311 receiver and updated unit to race the prior unit? or is that unit out of date also?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to go out and replace a 301/311 receiver with another. A 311 receiver and updated unit to race the prior unit? or is that unit out of date also?

The 311 is an 8PSK receiver, and is still valid to use. The 301 is QPSK, and is considered obsolete. If there's anything I can help you with, please feel free to send me a PM

what if you still have one on an account?
I know my dad has at least 1 301....maybe 2 on his account. It still works fine.

It's a passive swap. If one were to ever fail, or if we were to send a tech out for any reason, they would be replaced with 311s

Edited - Thanks 3HaloODST

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)