Receiver not recording new episodes

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
Why do certain shows have the date of the show (1978) making the receiver think that the episode is not new therefore it doesn't record it.

ABC World news and The Price is Right are two that I record and recently the date changed in the description of The Price is Right changed to (1956) and it didn't record because it thought it wasn't a new episode. The date for ABC World news has been wrong for a long time. (1978)

I have it set it to record all episodes to get around this but why is the date incorrect on these two shows? I assume others are incorrect.

Dates and info in the text of a program description are not necessarily what the receiver uses to determine the programs status.

More likely it is coded or miscoded in the header or elsewhere in the program info.

Dates and info in the text of a program description are not necessarily what the receiver uses to determine the programs status.

More likely it is coded or miscoded in the header or elsewhere in the program info.
I think you are correct about that. I remember way back on a Charlie Chat they said that the receivers use data that is hidden from customers in the program guide, in order to set timers.

Reactions: TheKrell
Doesn't matter where the data is, it still comes from the new unreliable guide provider. The daily schedule should still tell you whether the recording is scheduled.

Reactions: dishdude
The new guide provider has been a bit erratic and in some cases unreliable. Just monitor your schedule and work around the errors.

This is not the answer that I am paying for from Dish. This issue has gone on for months now and frankly it's getting old. Has any D.I.R.T. ever commented on this? If not, why?

This is not the answer that I am paying for from Dish. This issue has gone on for months now and frankly it's getting old. Has any D.I.R.T. ever commented on this? If not, why?
Not much they can do, it's the contracted guide provider that's causing all the issues. Dateline & several other programs often show a date from years ago, I have to keep tabs on new programming from Futon Critic to verify if something is new or not - we should have better guide data, it's part of the dvr service we pay for. Highly recommend Futon Critic to see what's coming up, great web site with a lot of information (but I agree, we shouldn't have to check elsewhere).

Reactions: pattykay
Doesn't matter where the data is, it still comes from the new unreliable guide provider. The daily schedule should still tell you whether the recording is scheduled.

I understand that the previous guide supplier is no longer available to Dish and others like TIVO. The guide data comes from the networks and channels to the guide supplier and then to Dish. Anger won't fix anything. I doubt that anyone in the chain is intentionally giving you a hard time. That's why I suggested a way to deal with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)