Status
Please reply by conversation.

wvman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 19, 2014
N. Central WV
I like browsing E-Bay for new receivers. I see a lot of "Open Box" receivers listed on there. Exactly what is an open box receiver? Oh, BTW KE4EST, I love the new receiver. Very easy to set up and use. Appreciate the fast shipping. Had that baby in a day and a half. Anyway, back on subject. What's different about a standard, run of the mill receiver and an open box version?

There are also "open box", not "Openbox", returns to retailers that are sold at discount. If the listing shows another brand than Openbox, it'd be a non-Openbox brand.

There are also "open box", not "Openbox", returns to retailers that are sold at discount. If the listing shows another brand than Openbox, it'd be a non-Openbox brand.

Yeah, I realize that. I've bought a few items that were opened and returned. Most of the time, these pieces were returned as defective because the user didn't know what they were doing. Most people aren't very cautious when opening new items and they tear the tabs off the flap or rip the box. Retailers aren't very happy when they send them back like that. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)