Receiver recommendation

delaluz

Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
Raleigh
Im moving to a new house and I need to get a new receiver. I dont have a HD TV but I will get one in around 6 months so I would like to get an HD receiver now so I don"t have to upgrade later. Do the HD receivers have S-video connectors or regular composit out connectors in addition to HD? If so which models?

Thanks!

I think they all have s-video and composite, as well as component and HDMI for the TV1 HD output. (And toslink for digital audio out.) You should not have a problem, other than arguing with Dish over an HD package that you don't yet want. I think the HD enabling fee went away, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I have vip612 and it has HDMI. Not sure if it will do what you need.

I might suggest that you contact Dish in advance to ask them questions about what model might be best for you and why. They were happy to talk to me before I became a customer. Once you get the models do a search on them and read what people are saying about your suggested models. I did that and found it helpful in my making an 'informed' decision. I'm happy with what I have and in the end it is whatever works for you.

all

Im moving to a new house and I need to get a new receiver. I dont have a HD TV but I will get one in around 6 months so I would like to get an HD receiver now so I don"t have to upgrade later. Do the HD receivers have S-video connectors or regular composit out connectors in addition to HD? If so which models?

Thanks!

They have all of the above except the S-vid on the 722k. The S-vid has been dropped as it is not used that much now. My brother had been using the S-vid on his D* unit but when he went to the new 722k told me that it doesn't have the S-vid.

One other requirement: only 1 cable in from dish

I Forgot that I have one other requirement. I will only have one wire from the DISH going into the receiver.

Thanks!

Don`t know if this will work for but you can do this.If you are not under contract ,cancel your account before you move have your spouse or someone that shares your new address and qualifies for service ,to start a new account with Dish.
New accounts in the S. east are all eastern arc and the equip is all HD whether you are subscribing to HD at the time or not.New Equipment,but another 2 year commitment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts