receiver remote antenna

If he's planning on having his receiver in the closet, I'm suggesting that he sets up TV1 for UHF, and makes the extension on the antenna so he may get better remote response. I do not recommend using the IR-UHF converter.

I'm not familiar with the 625. Can you set it up to use a UHF remote for TV1? I have a 722 and I don't think I can. So I'm speaking from my own experience. I do use the Radio extender to control my 211 from another room and it works.

All duo receivers can have TV1 set up as UHF. It's a bit more complicated to do on the 625 then the 722. The 625 has to be enabled through menus, then changed. The 722, you simply need the correct key/tab in the bottom of the remote (or the switch flipped to the UHF side), then program it as normal.

Just putting a long piece of wire into your antenna input won't necessarily improve performance. Simply switching to band B greatly improves performance. You may not realize, but antennas are designed very precisely. The optimal length of an antenna is proportional to the wavelength of the signal. So 5 ft may not be optimal and may even be worse than the original antenna.

My 2 cents.

Great point, mdave! Can you give the readers more specifics as to the ideal cable length so anyone wanting to have a well matched cable / antenna length might be able to create such an interface with minimal loss?

It's been about a quarter century since I studied this in school. But, if memory serves, full, half or quarter wavelengths are best (resonant). I don't remember the formulas, but you can enter the frequency into THIS page, and it will do the math for you. Just double the half wavelength result to get full. The main problem is I have no idea what the frequencies (A and B band) of Dish UHF remotes are. Find those and you're golden.

4th HD receiver? How to go about it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts