receiver seeing 148 and 61.5 simultaneously

visionary

Original poster
Oct 11, 2003
i have three dish 500 dishes pointing to 110/119, 61.5 and 148. is it possible to have a 6000 (w. 8psk, connected via a DP plus 44 switch) see all four of these satellites simultaneously? i can check that the signal strength is fine on each of them individually, but after a check switch, 61.5 does not appear. :mad:

any help would be appreciated.

ps. i wanted both 148 and 61.5 for locals and voom -- maybe the receiver gets confused on how to handle all the duplication in channels between these two satellites.

The latest software is supposed to end the confusion by hiding one of the duplicates. The receiver should still be showing you the channels unique to each orbital slot. You may need to select Alternate(?) before doing the check switch since the 6000 will recognize the DPP44 as an SW64/SW21 cascade. I'm guessing you have 61.5 on input 4? What does the check switch summary report?

bobabird,

thanks for the response.

yes, 61.5 is on input 4. when i tried the check switch last, i did force a software download, but that was ten days ago or so -- still the VOOM channels were not visible.

i did not try the `alternate' option you suggest, nor do i fully understand what to do.

--v

OK, that fits what I'm thinking so far. Your check switch summary probably shows SW64 which is inputs 1, 2 & 3 of the DPP44. It hasn't learned input 4 is connected, when it does it will show "SW21 4-sat."

Do what you've already done, but this time select 'alternate' first. IIRC that's what engages the extra check switch steps, 50 instead of 38(?), needed to allow the receiver to recognize some of the lesser used switch combinations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)