Receiver stuck on Dual Mode

menelas

Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
Florida
Hello, thank you for reading my post.
The problem that I am having is that, one of my receiver is stuck on Dual Mode.

What I noticed (please correct me if i'm wrong) that when the receiver is on Dual Mode, the two tv's that are connected to the receiver, receives the same channel.

So if you change to ESPN in tv1, tv2 also shows ESPN.
How can I fix this?
Thanks!

SINGLE mode is for watching the same thing on both tvs. DUAL mode is for different shows on two different tvs with independent control by the users. Hit the mode button on your receiver and it will switch back . If all else fails reboot your receiver; pull the plug and wait a minute and replug it back in.

The Dish guy told me, I had to buy a new one!
I knew it couldn't be broken in a few days.

Ok, that was the problem (can you please tell me where the lock button is again?)
And the steps I have to take, in order to solve this problem.

You guys are great by the way! Definitely will recommend this site.
EDIT: Where is locks menu?

The menu does not have any locks on it.
The Front Panel is also not locked.

I press mode on the receiver (after I unplugged it for 10 mins) and nothing happened. It switch to dual mode.

What you described earlier was single mode (same programming on both TV1 and TV2 output).

If it is now in dual mode then it has changed.

Look at the lights on the front where it says mode, one has one monitor the other has 2, if the mode changes, the light moves to the other indicator.

BTY, you can be in dual mode and still have both tuners on the same channel, but if you change one the other stays the same.

Is this a SD 522/625, or a HD ViP622/ViP722 ?

If it's a ViP, TV1 and TV2 both go to the remote TV on different channels. If your remote TV is tuned to the TV1 channel, you'll see the same thing as on the local TV regardless of mode.

It's a ViP, the television is not tuned in the channel that is behind the remote.
I think this is the problem.

Any ideas, of how I can fix this? I try putting the tv to the remote channel, but it is showing static. I think I'm doing something wrong here.

On remote, press menu; system setup; installation; system info. Check that the channel set for tv2 is the same channel the tv is set to. If that does not help, the press Next button and check the modulator setup. The tv could be set for cable while the receiver is set to air or vise versa.

Ok I have done exactly what you said Gary.

I think this is what you guys need:
Modulator Setup(TV1): OFF
Modulator Setup(TV2): Air, 60

I'm pretty sure that TV1 is not suppose to be off.
Shared View is also Enabled
Any idea of how I can fix this?

Thank you so much for all of you guys help!!
With all the information that I had, especially from Gary.

I was able to fix it. Now everything is working fine.
(Good thing, I did not listen to the Dish network guy to buy a new receiver)

Thank you again!

Ok I have done exactly what you said Gary.

I think this is what you guys need:
Modulator Setup(TV1): OFF
Modulator Setup(TV2): Air, 60

I'm pretty sure that TV1 is not suppose to be off.
Shared View is also Enabled
Any idea of how I can fix this?

If you are trying to view tv2, then the above is right. If you want tv1 on the secondary tv, then you need to: menu; system setup; installation; modulator setup and then chose the appropriate mode (either air or cable) and set the channel number you want/need to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)