Receiver Swap out question

jericko

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2006
Hello, I am glad to have found this forum!

OK, here is my problem. I have had Dish for over 4 years, owning 2 PVR 508. Loved the service. Well, my 1st 508 started to die, so I ordered a new dual tuner DVR and upgraded my package, the new receiver will be install by a pro on this Saturday.

My other 508 works great, and I am keeping it along with the new dual tuner DVR (I have 4 TVs). Well, as of last Fri, every day my Hard-drive gets erased. Called dish and they admitted it was a software update they sent out causing the problem. They were nice enough (after me getting a bit mad ;) to send me a new 508 and I am to send the old one back.

Now for the problem. Looking at my receiver, I forgot about four years ago (when I 1st got the receiver) I opened the DVR and pulled out the Hard Drive and hooked It up in my PC to see if I could pull of my Stargate episodes (I know I am a dork). I could not figure it out, so I never tried again. Well, my DVD had been opened, will Dish think I was hacking the box? I have the top 180 and locals and a HBO. Do you think Dish will try and not honor the swap out when they get the receiver?

Thanks for the info guys, my wife thinks I am being too paranoid, I just do not want dish to get the wrong idea.

Thanks
Jason

I called Dish and explanied the situation, they were cool and said it will not be a problem.

jericko said:
I called Dish and explanied the situation, they were cool and said it will not be a problem.
Keep an eye on your account for the next few billing periods after they get your receiver back!:)

Worst thing they would do is charge you full value of the receiver, $200 or so. That is slim, usually just when people don't send the equip back. I would bet you would never hear anything from them as long as the original drive is in the unit you returned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts