Receiver unresponsive when timer starts while fast forwarding or rewinding . Long time problem, sick

Doppy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
This has been a long time issue I've had with my 622 ever since I first got it. If you are fast forwarding or rewinding a program and a timer to record begins, the receiver will become unresponsive and continue fast forwarding or rewinding without you being able to stop it. It will become responsive again either after a random period of time, I've seen it take a few seconds to up to a minute, or if the program reaches the beginning or end. Additionally and the worst part, the timer will not begin recording until the receiver becomes responsive again. Many programs start a few seconds after the hour and this causes me to miss the beginning of the program.

I try to avoid fast forwarding or rewinding when I know a timer is about to begin but sometimes I just lose track of time and end up having this issue again. And to annoy me tonight and make me finally post about this issue, when it occurred just now it was unresponsive for over a minute and then the receiver just completely froze and I had to reset. Very annoying issue and I've been trying to avoid it for far too long now. Please fix this Dish!!

I am sorry you are having a problem with your 622 receiver. The issue you are describing is not normal and it does sound like a hard drive issue. Have you attempted to do a hard reset on the receiver and did it help the situation at all? Have you reported this issue to DISH Network before? Please PM me your account information and I will see what i can do to get this resolved for you! Thank you!

lol, why did you wait till now to take care of it? Sounds like a specific problem to your receiver....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)