Receiver would not work at campground?

jerry433

Original poster
Mar 28, 2009
arkansas
I have always taken my old receiver with me when we go to our camper and it always worked fine, but I now have a vip 722 receiver and it found all five satellites but i got a message saying something like" can not receive out of area" it acted like it would work but would never actually show a picture..... the old receiver that i would take was one of the little black single tuner receivers and it would always work... thanks for any help....

5 sats or 5 transponders?

Because holy crap, I can't see needing HD, Internationals and a backup HD while going camping

I think the OP is referring to the 5 tests the receiver does when you first power it up.

that is correct, this was the first time since i upgraded 2 the 722 with hd channels that i have tried to use it in the camper, here at home i have 2 separate dishes and at the camper i just have the one, before i could take the little basic black receiver out of my daughters room and hook it up at the camper and it would work great, i do not care about having the hd channels in the camper

no i did not, i never had to before... i am not at the camper now, but will try that the next time i go..... will it matter that it will not have a phone line hooked to it?

no it will not. what is going on is you have 2 totally different setups and when you are at the campground it has no idea that you are not on the same system.you will have to run the check switch everytime you take that receiver back and forth or you will have this problem

I use a 622 in our RV. We have a roof mounted single LNBF automated dish and a ground tripod Dish 1000 (for when we want HD or to watch separate satellites).

I have to run the Check Switch test to go between them.

Running a Check Switch causes the receiver to scan the switch/LNB configuration and stores those settings so that the receiver knows where to find the signals it needs. EVERY TIME you change anything to do with your LNB/switch, you must re-run Check Switch to reconfigure the receiver for the new config.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts