Receivers are not responding to the select button

darekd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
Roanoke, VA
My co-worker got Dish Network last week installed. He has problem waking up his both receivers (722k and 222k) in the morning. Receivers are not responding to the SELECT button on the remote control. Once he is able to bring the receivers up, they work fine.

Last edited:
I have found with my 722k that I can not EVER turn it on using the select button on the remote. Now if I just push the sat button it will turn it on. If I can't get the remote to turn it on, because I tried to hit select button on the remote and it won't turn on , I go up to the receiver and push the select button on it and it turns on. It is definitely a bug. I have had this since I first got the 722k months ago.

Sometimes the issues is that the TV control on the remote is not set in the limited mode. So when you press select, it is actually trying to talk to the TV rather than the satellite. For starters, make sure to press the sat button before pressing the select button.

I always push the sat button first and that is all it takes to turn on my sat receiver. If I hit sat , then select it won't turn on and then I have to go to the box itself to hit select to get it turn on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts