Sharing a wireless gaming adapter with 622 and xbox 360

kenable

Original poster
Jan 16, 2004
Does anyone know if it's possible to use a gaming adapter plugged into a switch so that I can get wireless connection for two devices? I currently have a xbox 360 plugged into a dlink dgl-3420 gaming adapter and it works fine. I bought a dlink 4 port switch (des-1105) hoping I could connect both the xbox 360 and 622 into it so i can connect to the internet. The xbox connects fine, I still can't get the 622 to connect. Any suggestions?

well for that to work the gaming adapter would I assume have to assign each device a local IP & by design the manufacturer may not let it.. If it did then it would deffinitly work.. May also want to setup a router instead of a switch so then the router will take the IP & it will assign its own IP's to the 622 & 360

hmm, yeah i think i may need a 4 port wireless bridge...i think i've read someplace where that will work

Actually, the bridge doesn't assign addresses. The DHCP server does. I haven't seen a bridge yet that can't handle more than one device.

Run Cat6 if you can. Best thing I every did. PS3 with media server plays anything I throw at it streamed from windows vista. Wifi just could not keep up. Tried powerline and it couldn't keep up either.

I assume you went into 622 menu and tried to connect broadband? My 722 found the local IP on its own easily. I am using a home wiring bridge (homeplug compatible) from Netgear. One plugs into an electrical outlet near my router and the other end plugs into an outlet near the kid's Xbox. Works well. My 722 finds the IP through the power outlet, which is plugged into a surge suppressor. No problem with 2 things running at once.

Actually, the bridge doesn't assign addresses. The DHCP server does. I haven't seen a bridge yet that can't handle more than one device.

There are a few that do.

Buffalo whr-hp-g54 (I am using this one)
DLink 1522

That is just a few wireless router/bridge models out there. You can also flash a few routers with 3rd party firmware and use them as a wireless bridge too.

I probably should have mentioned that I already have a linksys/cisco wrt160N wireless router that I connect to using the gaming adapter. I just need to be able to connect two devices wirelessly (622 and xbox360) instead of just the xbox. Is there a wireless device that will let me plug both into it so they can connect to the wireless router?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts