This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Receiving Dish Network using DirecTV Dish and LNB

otw3

Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
I have Dish network at my camp and brought my receiver home to try and watch the game on NFL network because my cable company doesnt carry NFL. I have an old single lnb Directv dish and wanted to know if I can use this dish with my receiver? if so what do I need to do. I am only interested in watching the NFL network. I do not know at this time what model receiver I have. Can you guys help PLEASE! Thanks

A Directve single LNB(18") dish uses the same technology as a DISH Legacy system. All DISH receivers are backwards compatible to Legacy technology. Usually MENU 6-1-1 will get you to Switch test on a DISH receiver.

I can confirm the "yes" poster. I have used a legacy DirecTV dish/LNB and a DishPro receiver together successfully in the past. It will work as long as you're just looking at one satellite (119) and feeding a single receiver.

In my configuration, I fed 61.5 into an 811 via an ancient DirecTV dish - worked like a champ to pick up the HD channels. There's no reason a similar setup won't pick up 119.