Receiving German Channel 'ProSiebenSat.1Welt' on Dish!

ben_g99

Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
My service with Dish currently includes America's Top 200 and 2 receivers. One plain old standard receiver, the other is the Dish DVR 501 (I think).

7487590-2-300-overview-1.gif

Now last night I was browsing Dish's website to gather info on the german channel available, ProSiebenSat.1 Welt. I did not find a whole lot of information, but this cutout below made me order the channel!

145321.jpg

So, I never got the channel on my lineup or guide, so I called and I talked to a rep that assured me that with the superdish, I would not need any additional equipment. Now after spending some time reading up on different forums, I believe that a superdish is required for this channel, however, this is in addition to the one already being used for the reguar channel lineup as well as locals? Is this correct? I really don't want an additional superdish on my roof, not for only one channel.

If anyone has any insight they could share, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

The superdish will get you 110/119/121 (you need 121 for ProSiebenSat.1Welt). Unless I'm missing something it probably means replacing your exisiting dish with a superdish, not needing 2 seperate dishes. And there should be no dish purchase involved, the install should be free.

The superdish will get you 110/119/121 (you need 121 for ProSiebenSat.1Welt). Unless I'm missing something it probably means replacing your exisiting dish with a superdish, not needing 2 seperate dishes. And there should be no dish purchase involved, the install should be free.

Thanks! I already have the superdish, so this let's me to believe that the problem may be elsewhere, as in with Dish Network not turning on the channel for me!

I have ProSiebenSat.1Welt and DW-TV. if you want PSS, you get both, plus Euro News for $16.99. I'm pretty sure that the german channels are on 118, rather than 121. I got a 1000+, not Superdish when I joined DN in January.

You may also want to keep in mind that the offer you pasted is for Intl packages $29.98 or higher per month, not sure that the German package would qualify since its $16.99

Last edited:
The German package is on both 118k & 121. So if you currently have a Superdish, you might be abel to add it.

Reason I say might is some of the Int'l channels if you currently have it on 121 you can keep it but new subs need t upgrade to the D500+ or D1000+

D500+ gets 110, 118, 119
D1000+ gets 110, 118, 119, 129

I am a new Dish customer ( a couple days now) and ordered the German package. We also ordered an HD package and locals (Chicago DMA).

The installer put in a SuperDish ( that's what's printed in the middle of the dish ) and it looks close to the dish 1000.2 pictures I've seen posted in another thread. I think he said we are using signals from 3 or 4 Sats and that's why we have this dish.

We are very happy with the work by the Dish Network installer, the service reps and the German package.

MPEG artifacts fixed with Mpeg 4

EchoStar Signs Long-Term SATCOM Contract with ARTEL, Inc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)