Recent cancel experience.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Directv is currently $162 without discounts, 4 wireless receivers, and ultimate package.

dishnetwork is $163 without discounts, 250 package, h3 + 3 wireless joeys.

Source: my dish bill breakdown vs my parents directv bill. The only advantages dish has over directv, billing wise, you can buy a traveling receiver for a $5/month fee, and drop locals for a $12 discount. Also their price lock, directs is a teaser rate at best, but dish’s has become a joke at barely a $10 discount.
Does anyone really need that many channels?

The majority of content on them is reruns, I can get reruns now for free via PlutoTV, Tubi, etc and guess what, I do not watch them either.

I want new stuff to watch, that is why I have Netflix and the likes, I look at a channel like PopTV for example, which you have to pay for something like the Ultimate Package to get, tonight they have such new shows as House and older episodes of NCIS: NEW ORLEANS.

Those box charges would drive me nuts also, especially if they are in rooms that never get used, I have 3 guest rooms that no one has stayed in since I moved here in September, I know they will get used once the pandemic is over, each room has Roku TVs, so if they want to watch TV ( YTTV for Live TV) when they come, at least I am not paying monthly equipment charges.

Reactions: TheKrell
Directv is currently $162 without discounts, 4 wireless receivers, and ultimate package.

dishnetwork is $163 without discounts, 250 package, h3 + 3 wireless joeys.

Source: my dish bill breakdown vs my parents directv bill. The only advantages dish has over directv, billing wise, you can buy a traveling receiver for a $5/month fee, and drop locals for a $12 discount. Also their price lock, directs is a teaser rate at best, but dish’s has become a joke at barely a $10 discount.
Jebus! Four receivers. Well, looks like a wash at that.

Dish is much cheaper than Comcast for me. Especially the equipment fees. I love Dish, and I never have outages, unlike Comcast who has frequent Internet and TV outages in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

And last week I called Dish on behalf of a long, long time customer who had been paying elevated prices for years, asked for Loyalty - explaining the Customer wanted to quit Dish - and told the Agent the Customer's info and said I know you can do a 1 yr contract for $35 off per month and she agreed and we were done. Call lasted less than 15 minutes

I did something similar for my parents earlier this year. Called Loyalty and was done in about 7 minutes. Hooked them up with a great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: HipKat
Does anyone really need that many channels?

The majority of content on them is reruns, I can get reruns now for free via PlutoTV, Tubi, etc and guess what, I do not watch them either.

I want new stuff to watch, that is why I have Netflix and the likes, I look at a channel like PopTV for example, which you have to pay for something like the Ultimate Package to get, tonight they have such new shows as House and older episodes of NCIS: NEW ORLEANS.

Those box charges would drive me nuts also, especially if they are in rooms that never get used, I have 3 guest rooms that no one has stayed in since I moved here in September, I know they will get used once the pandemic is over, each room has Roku TVs, so if they want to watch TV ( YTTV for Live TV) when they come, at least I am not paying monthly equipment charges.
Don't you want to see if Janet and Chrissy get over their feud with Jack? What if Barney finely loads his revolver? What about Wojciehowicz he might make lieutenant? Rowdy might take over the cattle drive too...

• Haha
Reactions: HipKat
I called Dish a few weeks ago. Didn't spend too long waiting for a CSR, told him I wanted to cancel. Reason, 2 years ago I moved and the reason I moved my Dish was because I wanted to keep my RSNs. I switched out 2 wired Joeys for wireless to make it easier for the installer, for which they slapped me with a new 2 year contract. Then a couple a months later, they dropped the RSNs. The only reason I still had Dish was because of the new contract. No arguments, offers or hassles. While he was checking off boxes on his screen we talked about the miserable options on trying to watch baseball this year. Told him I had switched to fuboTV because I thought that was the best bet for some deal to be made, since they emphasized sports, and had already brought back Yes and Marquee (which means I will get to watch the Cards when they play the Cubs, I'll just have to turn the sound down so I don't have to listen to their announcers). And otherwise I'll see what Bally does next year. Still waiting for the box to arrive.

I have a vacation house 2 hours away. While it has worked to use the DishAnywhere apps on Firesticks there, its a been a hassle because it will only let us watch one screen at a time. Streaming, we can watch up to 10 screens, anywhere, and it automatically gives us the "local" locals. Getting rid of the charges for a Hopper, 3 Joeys, and with lower programming costs I'm saving $45 a month. Not sure what you guys have been looking at who think Dish is the lowest option out there. Cable I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)