Recent problems with HD channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spaulhus

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Very bizzare. Over the weekend, getting inconsistent reception on select HD channels from DTV on one receiver (Samsung TS360) only. Swapped out the receiver (another TS360), cables, diplexer - still getting "green" blurs across the screen - similar to when a thunderstorm is in the area. This happens on 70, 73, 74 and TNT however, 72 and the others (for the most part) are OK. Have a Sony (HD300) in another room - no problems.

Run signal strength on Sat 'C' and get ratings between 87 and 91 on the appropraite transponders. Also confirmed, no line of sight issues.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

Have you swapped the HD300 and the TS360 to rule out a problem with the output on the dish or a problem with the TV itself?

spaulhus said:
Very bizzare. Over the weekend, getting inconsistent reception on select HD channels from DTV on one receiver (Samsung TS360) only. Swapped out the receiver (another TS360), cables, diplexer - still getting "green" blurs across the screen - similar to when a thunderstorm is in the area. This happens on 70, 73, 74 and TNT however, 72 and the others (for the most part) are OK. Have a Sony (HD300) in another room - no problems.

Run signal strength on Sat 'C' and get ratings between 87 and 91 on the appropraite transponders. Also confirmed, no line of sight issues.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

Just to commiserate. I have a 360 as well and I've held off posting but for the last several weeks it's been the same with me. TNT-HD, HDNet Movies, YesHD (Nets game in the 90s), unwatcheable. I've had complete blackouts for about 5 seconds, spontaneous reboots, and pixelization/breakup as you describe. My signal strength (granted, as reported by the receiver) is no less than 95 on any of the transponders, every satellite.

I don't have another HD receiver to test against and I've been holding off upgrading with D* (I'm out of contract) because the AT9 dish is too big. So I'm waiting for the newer, smaller dish or I might go to E* once I figure out their pricing.

Good to know I'm not the only one.

=NLK=

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)