Recent PTAT issue

JAF

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
I have PTAT enable. Now when I go to watch an individual show, it shows whole two hour of shows, not just the one 30 minute show. Example: CBS has four half hour comedy's on Monday night. When I click on the icon to watch the first show that runs from 8-8:30, it will keep playing the remain three time slots. If you hit pause, the timer bar is 2 hours long, not 30 minutes.

Also, I go into the PTAT folder and click "save series" on let's say "Mike and Molly". The "Mike and Molly" series now shows up in my main DVR folder, which is normal. BUT when I've finished watching all the occurrences that show and delete them from my main folder, it also deletes the "save series". New episodes no longer automatically are put into the main DVR folder. I have to go back into the PTAT folder and re-save the series. BUT, if I keep at least one episode in the main folder, even if it was watched, new ones will go there.

I've tried plugging and unplugging, turning PTAT off and on.

Just me?

Look in your Timers list and see if there is still a timer for the show. I've not seen this before. I just set a series for Deception from PTAT and decided to not watch it. Deleting the two shows in My Recordings did not delete the timer. I had to do this manually.

Regarding the two hour block, I don't have a clue other than to think it has something to do with the program guide.

Regarding your saved folders, that is normal behavior. In order to have permanent folders for shows, you need to set a timer for them. PTAT will do the actual recording and automatically place it in the folder...as well as being in the PTAT folder.

As long as I have been using ptat I have been able to watch show after show like you described. I kind of like it, however if you enable autohop it will only work for the show you selected initially.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

No it should and does stop on any PTAT recorded shows except on CBS which continues playing into the next show(s).
CBS has always done that for me since day one all other networks stop playback at the end of episode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)