Recent recording on HWS shows "100% watched", won't play

dukiebluedoc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Cave Creek AZ
I had my Hopper/Joey upgrade on April 10 and until 2 days ago had no problem with recordings ( I do not have PTAT enabled).
Two days ago I had a scheduled show recorded and when I went to watch it tonight (found it in my DVR page and selected "start over") I got a message stating "100% watched". The progress bar is all the way over to the right at 1:04 hrs and I cannot get the show to rewind so I can watch it. Selecting "start over" from the drop down menu does nothing but take me to the 100% watched progress bar again.
The show was a scheduled weekly recording of a series, from the satellite,not from OTA.
Is there anything I can do to be able to watch this show which is "100% watched", or do I just have to delete it?
It's not something I can DVR again.
thanks
Caroline

When that pop up appears, try pressing the back button to rewind. Maybe you can rewind back to the beginning. Is this only happening to this one recording? I believe the 100% watched issue us still an open bug.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yes I tried pressing the back button but nothing happened.
Only one recording (so far), but if it is an unfixed bug, could happen any time=frustrating.
Caroline

Yep. But that doesn't seem to be working.

FWIW the 100% part is a known bug. But not being able to "Start Over" - That's a new one.

I'd search to find another instance of that show and record it again.

I've never not had it Start Over when a show is plagued by the 100% watched bug. I have H2K, though. I wish they would fix these stupid bugs. Grrr. They're getting old......

This is a PBS program and I missed the only other chance to record it again.
Chalk it up to my first bad experience with Hoppers/Joeys I guess.
thanks for all responses.
If I can find out how to contact DIRT re this I will do so.
Caroline

Found that if it won't play when I select Start Over, I can hit Stop, then Start Over, & it will. So far the recordings with the "100% watched" have played back (there have been several).

May be a new bug after all--how do I contact the DIRT team?

Tried the "start over" then "stop" then "play" maneuver ,but all I get is a black screen with no sound.
I appreciate any suggestions--
how do I contact the DIRT team about this,since it seems to be a new bug?

As in, unplug it from the wall, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in.

And my gripe is that most of these problems didn't exist in early S/W versions and have only been introduced in the "updates".

Yes, that is the problem with DISH software. They introduce new receivers like the hopper and then they try to add new features like the apps and bingo one step forward and two steps back -just bout every time. The hopper used to have protect feature on shows and now we don't. Used to have the ability to add some extended minutes to shows or start early minutes on ota shows and now we don't. Oh, but we have a bunch of useless apps - some work and some don't- that I don't need or use .:whistle:

Yes, that is the problem with DISH software. They introduce new receivers like the hopper and then they try to add new features like the apps and bingo one step forward and two steps back -just bout every time. The hopper used to have protect feature on shows and now we don't. Used to have the ability to add some extended minutes to shows or start early minutes on ota shows and now we don't. Oh, but we have a bunch of useless apps - some work and some don't- that I don't need or use .:whistle:

Amen.

Elapsed time is 1:04,just as it should be. However,it seems logical that there is a problem with the recording, given its unresponsiveness to the "start over" command.
The program is "New Tricks" from the BBC,not archived by PBS.
thanks for all suggestions and comments
Caroline

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts