Recent recording on HWS shows "100% watched", won't play

Except for the "100% Watched" being displayed, that recording is behaving identical to what has happened to many recordings on both my HWS following new updates. I've had it happen to several of my movies and episodes of shows up to a certain date. Sadly there doesn't seem to be any method of recovery after this happens. I know it's not what you want to hear. I've never appreciated having to do it either, but any affected recordings will just take up space until you delete them.

thanks caprexnoctom--I actually found the missing episode on YouTube and watched it just now, so I'll follow your advice and delete it.
Hope Dish gets the problem sorted out before bad recordings happen to either of us again!
Caroline

Again aside from the "100% Watched" display, this issue has been affecting recordings ever since I upgraded from ViP 722K to HWS and that was in December. Initially it was only affecting one of the Hoppers (which is the reason why mine has gone through several replacements) but now it affects the other one as well. The last time it happened, it effectively wiped out nearly everything I recorded up to January 20th. It appears to be a software issue since it happens almost every time following a new software update. I actually posted on here a few months ago when everything I had recorded on Chiller, Syfy, and some premium movie channels was ruined but I can't find my post. I've kept a few smaller shows on the Hopper as a test and they don't become playable over time or with a new update either. Transferring them to an External Hard Drive is useless as well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)