Reception issue, what do you think?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just to be clear…the installer routed those cables and couldn’t even remember the clip their wire-ties?

Most if not all current HD channels are on the 119...if that's what your asking.

I think I would have a supervisor come out before you change anything. Well you do have pics.

Wouldn't he do better if he moved the dish higher up on the roof to help clear the tree line?

That’s probably what the installer thought after hour #2. That is one of the reasons a sup. Should come out; so they can tell their company that they are going to need to pay to patch the roof.

I talked to an installer today who told me the "slimline" has much better LNBs because they are in one unit. Is there any reason to switch mine out and maybe get better reception?

The slimline has a little bit of a lower profile and yes the LNB is one unit. However it still will not work through a tree. When DTV gets the new HD stuff all straitened out, you will be receiving HD channels from the 99 and 103 satellites. For the time, short of having the dish moved or going chainsaw crazy, I don’t think you will have much luck with the 119. Like I said before, is hard to say for certain without being there. With all that said, I suppose it is possible there could an issue with 110/119 LNB or cables connecting it to the 99/101/103 LNB.

Ever since I cut down three trees I can at least see a picture, then quickly it pixelates, but before it would just say give me a signal error 771.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)