Reception issue ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Biomed

Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
Florida's west coast
I've had Dish for over 12 years. Installed it myself. Changed over to Super Dish, 110, 119, 129 with 211's & a 222 some years back. Live in the Tampa Fl. area. I know my system well.

Now, for the past 2-3 weeks, 002,004,015a have been around for "select" channels. Sure we have clouds & rain but the strange thing is 138, 122, 105 & 140 seem to be affected when other HD & SD channels are not. For 3 weeks I have sat down to watch NASCAR. Unfortunately they started to broadcast on 140 & 138 instead of Fox. Also when we sit down to watch WWE on Monday and Friday nights, that is problematic as well. FX is iffy too.

Tell me if I am wrong, but why do I get clear HBO and other HD channels and don't get the ones mentioned? Is this an alignment issue? If so, why do some come in and others do not? Some will switch to SD, but right now as with NASCAR, no SD for that channel also, Other channels off that satellite come in good.

:confused: X 20

First question is do you really have a superdish? 105 and 121 were the 2 satellites used with the superdish. After the superdish was discontinued an adapter was made for 129. What LNBs and switch do you have? Alignment and LNB would be first suspects.

OK the book says Dish Pro Plus 1000.4 (Super, 500 or 300 show in Dish System)
Point Dish
All 3 = 110 locks @ 59, 119 (Name not Acquired) @ 5 and 129 @ 68

Switch Check = DPP 1k.2 (SuperDISK is checked)

I'm not having any problems with those channels on those sats here in Tampa so it is something on your end. LNB drift?

Suggest you invest in the protection plan, then schedule a service call. Educated guess is alignment or LNB problems. $15 for the service call is probably the cheapest cure for your problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)