Reception Issue

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,

I got all set to watch some TV yesterday evening, while riding my exercise bike.
I turned to 107W C Band to watch some Canadian programming and I ended up seeing the picture I'm attaching.
Earlier in the day all was fine. I had re-scanned 55W and all went well. I then moved to 103W Ku and again all was well and I watched some NBC programming.
I then went upstairs and had dinner. Came down about an hour later and the picture problems started. Thinking it may possibly be a satellite issue I moved to 105W C Band...same thing. Then I thought I'd try 103W Ku...same thing. Signals are strong...13.6 dB on 107W C Band and 12.2dB on the 103 Ku NBC mux.
My first thought is that the newly purchased 22 KHz switch may be the culprit.
I haven't had time to check yet, but what do you guys think ??
Thanks in advance for your responses and stay healthy.

John

TV image.jpg

Hi Brian,

Thanks for responding.
I did turn it off then back on, but do I have to unplug the stb to do a power cycle ?

John

Hi All,

I got all set to watch some TV yesterday evening, while riding my exercise bike.
I turned to 107W C Band to watch some Canadian programming and I ended up seeing the picture I'm attaching.
Earlier in the day all was fine. I had re-scanned 55W and all went well. I then moved to 103W Ku and again all was well and I watched some NBC programming.
I then went upstairs and had dinner. Came down about an hour later and the picture problems started. Thinking it may possibly be a satellite issue I moved to 105W C Band...same thing. Then I thought I'd try 103W Ku...same thing. Signals are strong...13.6 dB on 107W C Band and 12.2dB on the 103 Ku NBC mux.
My first thought is that the newly purchased 22 KHz switch may be the culprit.
I haven't had time to check yet, but what do you guys think ??
Thanks in advance for your responses and stay healthy.

John

View attachment 144954
I'm also getting those occasional problems, only on C-Band. They happen even with a great SNR (I get about 15 dB on CTV). I've seen it happen on 107W, on 103W, 101W and 43W, so I don't think it's specific to a satellite.

The problems in my case appear mostly on the bottom half of the screen.

I'm thinking interference from maybe 5G testing (not sure what they are using or doing), or from a radar. There's a small municipal airport about 10 miles south-southwest from my location.

I'm seeing those also on the Amiko, so not STB-specific in my case

Reactions: JFOK
With digital signals (transport streams), interference with a received signal would not affect only a portion of the screen. With analog signals, the synchronized timing of the interference could affect a specific portion of a screen trace. With digital streams the data is buffered and error corrected. Once the error rate becomes too great and longer can be corrected, filler data is inserted. The causes random mosaic blocks and audio chirps.

Disruption of a specific portion of the screen would likely be playout related.

Reactions: Brct203 and JFOK
Brian,

A power cycle did the trick....thanks. :clapping
What caused the video buffer overload ??

John

Edited: I guess you answered my question the same time I posted.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts