Reception issues...

ahegedus

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 5, 2004
State College, PA
Hey everyone...
I just signed up for comcast and it was installed this afternoon. I'm not too happy about the picture quality though. I only have a standard TV, and a single comcast box with a dual tuner DVR. The DVR is a motorola box, but I don't know the model number. What's weird is that the analog stations (and most digital stations) look lousy. They're very pixelated and jaggy. What's weird (at least to me) is that when I scroll through the channels, I see the HD channels. When I go to one of those it looks amazing, even on my SD TV. So I'm assuming that the box is downconverting the HD channels, even though I didn't pay for the HD channels.

Am I wrong to expect the analog channels to look good? My locals looked much, much better on DISH. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!
Adam

An update....

I unplugged the cable line from the DVR and plugged it straight into my TV to see what the analog channels looked like that way... and they look perfect (or at least what I would expect them to look like). Is this normal? Does the DVR digitize (or something) the analog signals and cause the pixelation? Could the DVR box be bad?

Thanks again
Adam

I don't know about your pixel problem but I did have a problem where I had horizionz
al lines running through the picture. When I called about the problem they had me turn everything off and unplug the box while the upped the signal strenght. That seemed to help fix the problem for now.
You may want to give them a call so they can check it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts