FIOS price increase!

kevstok

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
Wylie, TX
I just got a notice in the mail that most prices are going up again. This time even those that were grand-fathered in will increase. The way I understand it is that those with any of the Double, Triple, or Freedom bundles will not increase until the end of the contract. At that time, they will increase to the 2008 prices. For those not on one of those packages, but current customer, you will increase to the 2007 prices. However, if you make any changes after the change date, you will increase to the 2008 prices. The date of increase is effective 02/15/08!

Let me know if you want and I will try to find some time to post the new 2008 rates.

I am now seriously considering going back to DTV. Even though PQ is slightly lower, the number of HD channels sure beats the false promises from FIOS and still getting price increases. :mad:

109.99 pre-tax for the bundle package. As verizon went up $10 for the bundle Bright House also did. Verizon is suppose to offer the 150-ish HD channels that Direct is offering by the end of 2008.

So, I'm wondering exactly what the "grandfathering" actually amounts to. Since everyone that was grandfathered into the original rates from 2005/2006 are now being forced to move to go to 2007 rates, how are we really grandfathered.

Now they are telling me that I'm grandfathered into the 2007 rates and they'll never change ... that's what they said before.

On the other hand, if I change to a bundled package, I know my rate will go up to non-discounted rates once the contract is up, so I'm inclined not to change my service. I currently have the TV and 5/2 Internet, with phone service from Vonage.

I'm inclined to stay with my current services instead of going with a bundle that I know will increase every two years.

I just renewed my $94.98/mo. triple bundle for an additional 2 years. My current 1 year contract was set to expire in March. They guaranteed no increases for the term of the new contract. If I cancel, however, there is a $199.00 penalty. Since I'm very happy with the service (except for the size of the DVR hd) and alot of new HD coming this year, I decided to commit. Besides, if I am that unhappy I'll eat the $199 or get Cablevision to pay me to switch back to them ! btw, I'm in northern NJ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)