reception question

wavest

Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
northeast
Out of curiosity, I built the youtube antenna to see what I could receive ota. After placement experimentation and a couple of months of scans and re-scans, I was able to pick up some stations that I thought would be out of reach. I was able to receive on an occasional and intermittent basis channels that are up to -14.8nm. I am wondering if this has something to do with the lake that I am near and if a better antenna would give me consistent reception.
Thanks!

Occasional reception like you describe is due to atmospheric conditions, and a better antenna cannot guarantee you better reception of those stations.

The lake probably does help by adding humidity to the air and helping reflect some signals to you.

Out of curiosity, I built the youtube antenna to see what I could receive ota. After placement experimentation and a couple of months of scans and re-scans, I was able to pick up some stations that I thought would be out of reach. I was able to receive on an occasional and intermittent basis channels that are up to -14.8nm. I am wondering if this has something to do with the lake that I am near and if a better antenna would give me consistent reception.
Thanks!

Here's the antenna to build.

GrabBit Ears

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)