Rechargeable battery charger released!

They bumped back the date....... Best Buy has it on their website now with a mid June release.....

I'm getting one so I can ditch the stupid "play and charge" cable....

Treat the thing like bullet clips..... It starts blinking...., "I'M OUT!", my son pops one out of the new charger, tosses it to me, I slap it in the controller, and we're back to Halo 2 co-op again....

Well, it's not playing catch in the backyard, but we call it bonding..... :lol:

Hmm. I wonder why BB took so long to get them in? Cool. The Play and charge cable is an inelegant solution as the 360 won't charge it when it is off.... I usually wind up charging it in my 622 (after clicking on the "unsupported device" window that pops up).

BobMurdoch said:
They bumped back the date....... Best Buy has it on their website now with a mid June release.....

I guess things have changed. It appears to be available through their website now: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1142292825067&type=product&skuId=7802871

I'm off to order it as we speak...;)

I ordered the Gamer Bundle #1, and my system's due in Monday. (Woo-hoo!) The Play & Charge Kit is included with the bundle, and it initially sounded like a good deal, but after reading this thread, I've changed my mind. The charger sounds like a much better arrangement. I'll purchase 2 extra Rechargeable Battery Packs so I can enjoy the experience you described (except my gaming partner would be my wife).
BobMurdoch said:
Treat the thing like bullet clips..... It starts blinking...., "I'M OUT!", my son pops one out of the new charger, tosses it to me, I slap it in the controller, and we're back to Halo 2 co-op again....

Heheheh....that's good stuff!

Lock and Load!

The new system works great. Marathon Oblivion sessions burn through them quick (as does my son's never ending thirst for beating down VRexes as King Kong). TWO batteries plugged in at all times, this thing blows away the Play and Charge kit in day to day usefulness.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)