Recieved free voice remote

BatteryDude1975

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Last week I got an email from Dish with a free voice remote offer, just had to confirm that I wanted it. Received it in the mail yesterday and even tho it comes with setup instructions to pair it with the Hopper3, is there an easy way to transfer my codes for my TV and soundbar from the old remote to the new? I know the tv would be easy to get the code for, but it seems like I had trouble getting my soundbar to work with the remote and I cant remember what I did to fix it.

Thanks.

I got my free remote a while back. I could never get it to work, so I tossed it out. The Alexa skill works well to change channels, which is enough for me. I have an old Logitech remote that turns on my TV, receiver and audio system with one key, and lets me easily switch to Roku or DVD when I want.

I had to stop using the new remote to turn off my system. Twice after I started using the new voice remote my TV turned on in the middle of the night. I went back to the old remote and it hasn't happened since. The new remote puts the Hopper in a countdown for 5 minutes before the Hopper shuts down which I believe this creates a problem with the hopper controlling the TV off and on through the HDMI cable.

I've been using the 54.0 remote for 3 weeks now and I have not seen the issues you describe. I have a H3 and a Joey 3. If the problem is widespread I would expect to see it on the TV connected to Joey because it's in my bedroom. So far nothing.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: jannah
It’s just a remote. If you want to talk to it it seems to work pretty good. Other times it doesn’t listen to well . Just like everyone else I know. I use it like a regular remote so we get along just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: jannah
The backlight is very useful. I just can’t stand there isn’t a separate power button for the TV.

Press the power button... puts receiver in that countdown but didn’t turn off the tv. Press again, and turns off the tv but wakes the receiver up again. It’s a battle I go through daily.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
The backlight is very useful. I just can’t stand there isn’t a separate power button for the TV.

Press the power button... puts receiver in that countdown but didn’t turn off the tv. Press again, and turns off the tv but wakes the receiver up again. It’s a battle I go through daily.

There is a separate button. Press TV on the side. Press power.

I have the voice remote control and I can turn off my receiver by saying: Turn off Receiver. Now that is about all I can do because it doesn't work to do searches well and I can sometimes get it to turn a channel but it isn't reliable. As for turning off my tv and a/v receiver, I can hit the power button and it will turn off everything. But when I turn everything back on it will result in my tv getting sound but a/v receiver not. So I have to turn on my tv first in tv mode. Then turn on my a/v receiver in a/v mode and then hit satellite to get everything back on so it works together with sound for all. Three steps to turn it on when the older remote worked better. So I have to say that I rarely use my voice remote for DISH or the Roku voice remote or the Amazon voice remote either. They are not reliable.

I have had this remote now for 3 weeks. When I press the Power button the TV turns off and I assume that the receiver does but I don't really care. The receiver will eventually go into standby on its own. Both the Joey and the Hopper work the same. I've never seen anything turn back on.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using the SatelliteGuys app!

I’ve tried that, but with my experience it still powers up the receiver.

Regardless, I still rather have a dedicated tv power button like every remote before. Just my 2 cents.

Yup, if the 52.0 was backlit I'd be a happy camper. :)

I’ve tried that, but with my experience it still powers up the receiver.

Regardless, I still rather have a dedicated tv power button like every remote before. Just my 2 cents.

It powers up the receiver when you press the Sat button

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)