Reciever does not work anymore after failed disconnect on phone line

JaredKFan

Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
San Bernardino County CA
Hi all, i've been searching around for an answer to this problem. A few days ago I was browsing through my channels, saw HBO was green and went to the menu it brought up after pressing select. It was my intention to back out of this menu after looking at it (I was insanely curious, I can't help being curious about some things, I'm a science buff by nature). The problem was, it searched for a phone line to connect to and use. After it failed to find it, the reciever rebooted and it has not worked since.

I've used the power button to reset the system - that didn't work. Pulled the smart card out and pushed it back in - that didn't work. Both of those only caused the system to reboot, showing the power light for a few seconds, then the light goes off and all i get is a black screen.

I'm at my wit's end here - I haven't been able to watch any satellite programming since this happened. Does anyone know how I could fix this, or is my reciever busted now and in need of replacement?

By the way my model is a 301.

Jared

Last edited:
Maybe try the standard phone 1-800-333-3474 (3474=DISH). Yes, I always need the technical department after their voice system tries to match my problem to known ones.
-Ken

Sounds like a certain part in that receiver has failed from what I have been told in the past. It will cause the receiver's power light to go on for a moment then shuts right back off after you unplug it and plug it back in. The receiver is done and needs sent off for repair or replaced. You could get the DHPP warranty on your account and they will replace it for nothing.

disconnect phone line, then unplug receiver, hold down power button for ten seconds while unplugged, good luck. receiver probably couldn't handle the 90 volts created by picking up phone line, sounds like phone polarity might be reverse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)