Reciever Setup Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

adam61

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
I was planning on purchasing DirecTV service here pretty soon and had one question. I have like 7 TVs and was planning on getting 2 HD DVRs and 5 HD Recievers to make a whole home DVR system. My question is this, there's 2 TVs we watch pretty rarely (Guest Bedroom and Garage) I don't want them to never have service, but it also seems a little silly to pay $99+99 up front and $10 a month. Is there a way to wire the system where those 2 piggyback on another reciever or something or is that not possible?

I know that's vague, but I remember having DirecTV years and years ago and in a couple rooms we just had an IR module and no reciever and you just couldn't watch both at the same time. Am I just making this up or is this something that's still possible?

It's $5.00 a month for each additional leased receiver.

Yes you can. The HR series receivers have multiple outputs that are on simultaneously. If your additional TV's are HD and you want HD in that room you could use component video at the main location and run a long HDMI cable to the other TV assuming they are relatively close. You could also go the other route, long component cables, but you would have to run audio as well....

Monoprice.com is your friend for cables.

The HR receivers also have RF remote capability. So you could control the receiver from the other room.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)