Reciver Problem JVC301 and Echostar 2800 Please Help

Slupie

Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
I'm a newbie to the Dish Network

Dish 500 by JVC dual LNB bough about a month ago from Sears. The 301 was part of a package and I got the 2800 from family and activated on my account. The 2800 was working with the 110/119 and 61.5 for the past 4 years. Here is what is happening and I reached a road block. Reciever 301 Gets 110 & 119 at 107% and 111% respectively, Echostar gets only 119 or 110 at about 110% depending on which cable I hook up to it from the LNB and it only gets the ODD channels. I hooked up 61.5° dish today with one SW-21 switch. The 301 doesn't recognize the switch or the 61.5° dish if connected with the 110/119 but if connected directly to the 301 it works with no problem. The Echostar on the other hand still works with only 119 or 110 depending on which cable I connect but has no problem detecting the SW-21 switch and 61.5 along with the other dish. It also tells me that the is a problem and to check my connections. I have checked all of my connections and I'm using RG-6 cables for the whole installation with the correct connectors. I'm getting another SW-21 switch so I can have 110/119 and 61.5 on both TV's.

Do I need a different switch(S) or should I replace the 2800 with a newer reciever or even DVR.

TIA

Slupie

OK. First, I think you have a TWIN LNB on your Dish 500. A DUAL can only see one bird.

The first thing that crosses my mind about odd-only is a DishPro LNBF being used with a Legacy (2800) receiver. A Legacy receiver requires an adapter to work with DP LNBFs.

I think you might be trying to mix DishPro and Legacy outdoor hardware. You can't do that. Look for a DP logo on the LNBFs. If only one has it, that's a problem. If either one has it, you can not use a SW-21. SW switches are for Legacy LNBFs only, DP switches for DP LNBFs only.

I've said a mouthful above, but the point is, check your gear, tell us what you got and we'll git-r-done. ;)

If I remember correctly the 110/119 Twin is dish pro and the 61.5 is not.
Is DP21 going to work with Dish Pro 500 110/119 and Legacy 61.5 or do I need 61.5 to be dish pro also?. I'm going to upgrade the Echostar 2800 to DVR 501.

All your LNB's have to be Legacy or DishPro...you cannot mix & match

Since you're getting a DVR, I would switch the 61.5 LNB out to a DishPro. Then combine the two with a DP21 and you're all set :)

Iceberg said:
All your LNB's have to be Legacy or DishPro...you cannot mix & match

Since you're getting a DVR, I would switch the 61.5 LNB out to a DishPro. Then combine the two with a DP21 and you're all set :)
For 2 receivers he will need a DP dual on 61.5 and 2 DP-21s so both receivers can see all three satellites. :)

Where can I buy DishPro Dual LNBF and two DP21 switches? My dish has the rectangular LNBF mount tube. What is the usual price for those things?

TIA