Recognizing & recording specific programs

sonicfox

Original poster
Oct 1, 2004
Does the 522 recognize the name of the show or just the time slot when recording either on a daily or weekly basis? For example, last week I set it up to record "Weird Travels" on a daily basis. Well on some days, the show was on at a different time than usual but seemed to record whatever else was airing instead. I suspected this when I ended up with shows in my list that I never chose to record. With Tivo, it seems to know the exact show you wanted recorded, regardless of what time it came on. I wish the 522 would do it this way (or am I doing something wrong?).

DISH does not have name-based recording (yet). They are time-based. Whatever is on at the time you picked will be recorded.

Thanks for the quick reply, Chad! I'm starting to miss my Directivo, but I really would miss the features of the 522 (regardless of it's glitches) if I decided to give it up. However, recording by time seems like the old school way of VCR programming. Anyway, if DISH did away with the glitches and added name recording, this unit would be perfect!

sonicfox said:
Thanks for the quick reply, Chad! I'm starting to miss my Directivo, but I really would miss the features of the 522 (regardless of it's glitches) if I decided to give it up. However, recording by time seems like the old school way of VCR programming. Anyway, if DISH did away with the glitches and added name recording, this unit would be perfect!

There are rumors of name-based recording but nothing confirmed as you can probably see all over this and other satellite sites. Hopefully, saying that won't induce a flood of "NAME-BASED RECORDING COMING SOON" posts. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)