recommend a new PC

Covack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2004
Down South
I'm going to bite the bullett and buy a new PC
mine is 5 years old and the way technology is changing everyday
I want to upgrade. to something fast for less than 1000.00. I have been looking at this acer at best buy,Is this a good buy, any and all comments welcome or recommend another Pc.
Thanks

Acer - Aspire Q6600 Desktop - AM5630-U5209A
I

Three weeks ago I bought my wife a Dell Inspiron 531 with a 19" LCD monitor for $650. 2Gb ram, Vista Home Premium. Quietest computer I have ever seen.

For word processing, internet, email, and light business computing, it works like a charm.

Got it at Wallyworld of all places, but its a dell, with full Dell support/warranty.

Ahope577
I would like to do light gaming if I decide to, some H264 feeds, FTA stuff
my old pc is a P4 3.0 80 Gig HD

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

I like the vostro line from dell. The core 2 quad starts at 899. I would update it to Vista Home Premium $29 or Ultimate for $199 though. If the link does not work go to dell, pick desktop for small business, then click on the left for dell deals. There is a dual core 2 version for less.

2GB of memory is good.

I like the vostro line since they are shipped without all the stupid demo programs the regular Dells ship with, that keep poping up and trying to get you to buy the real program. If I want a demo program I can download a free trial of most software if needed.

Yea i agree the vostro line of dell looks like a good deal. I would stay away from acer desktops if you plan on getting a beafier gaming card. The reason for this is because of the power supply included in them. I believe they only ship with 250watt power supply's for some of their desktops. This is not enough to run a beafier video card. Gateway also has some pretty good deals on computers. Pretty good bang for the buck along with the vostro i seen.

"Acer - Aspire Q6600 Desktop - AM5630-U5209A"

I Suggested this for the Church (and Got it on sale for $549) and Just this morning I ordered one for one of my older friends that needed a new system. I like the fact that is comes with 2GB of mem and 500GB of HDD Space.

I have a vostro notebook, a low end build, but i love it. no probs playin WOW and great for the webs... but if you upgrade in the line to better processor, and make sure you get 2GB Ram, you should be fine.

Or if you want a desktop line, I also like Dell.. the custom build ability at decent prices is a great plus.

Also, personally, I would stick to an AMD processor, the $$ you save more than offsets the slight loss of CPU power on a comparable system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts