Status
Please reply by conversation.

Christopherve7alb

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Victoria BC
Hi all,

I just had a DVB-World DVB-S2 PCIe satellite computer tuner die on me and I'm starting to consider replacements. Any good recommendations? I have previously used the WinTV Nova with success, however it doesn't do DVB-S2 and I may as well future-proof my FTA computer set-up.

I would strongly recommend the TBS6925 PCIe card, in my opinion is probably the best out
there right now, it's a little more money than some of the other cards but you won't be
disappointed. www.tbsdtv.com
Tede

Your choice could hinge on the software you want to use with it. I use MyTheatre with a TeVii S464 PCI card. They also have a PCIe version and USB version. It supports Easy BlindScan and CrazyScan as well. TBS cards are popular also and work with DVBDream in windows. Also support BlindScaning.

Is there a down side of using a USB interface instead of PCI or PCIe?
One thing I dislike about most USB tuners is having another power supply to plug in somewhere. Being able to put it all in the same case makes it neat and tidy. But they definately have some advantages, like using them with a Laptop. Being able to swap them out in a minute with a different tuner instead of tearing apart the computer case.

Thanks for the suggestions, tede andMagic Static. I was actually looking at one of the TBS tuners, just wasn't sure how good they were. For reference I will be using the card with DVBDream under Windows 7.
I never liked DVBDream. It's too finicky. The biggest thing for me is you can't combine an ATSC tuner and DVBS tuners seemlessly like you can in MyTheatre.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts