Recommended D* installer in Dallas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mags

Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
Hi, I've been lurking a while, I'm a newbie when it comes to satellite TV. I finally ordered D* through Verizon (bundled package) and it was installed today by one of D* installers. I recieved one H20, and two D11 for the other rooms and a 3-lnb dish instead of the 5-lnb I was supposed to receive (not the installer's fault).

The installer guy wasn't too great. He didn't finish hooking up the phone line to the receiver and it was overall sloppy work. Many of the channels have awful PQ both in SD and HD and about 1/5 of the sports channels I'm supposed to have, I can't watch because of heavy pixelation or satellite can't find the signal. I called tech support, they had me run a few tests and sure enough, the installer hadn't calibrated the dish correctly. I wasn't home during the installation, only my wife was, otherwise I would have raised hell. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has experienced an awful installation by D*.

Real bad first day with D* but that's mostly just the installer's fault. Anyways, they're supposed to send out another installer with the 5-lnb dish instead and it would be nice if it was possible to get an installer that actually knows SOMETHING about installing the 5-lnb dish. Does anyone know any decent D* installers in the Dallas area that have experience of installing the 5-lnb dish (I'm in Garland)? I hope you don't have to depend on dumb luck to get a decent installer. :rolleyes:

TIA,
Magnus

You will need to have the installer that Verizon/Directv sends out do the work or you will have to pay for the install out of your pocket. Your FREE install is part of Verizons sale, Directv won't pay anyone else to do the work. You do get what you pay for, all HDTV installs in the Dallas market12/28/05 or later are supposed to get H20 and AT9 dishes.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts