Potential changes in AT&T's ownership of DirecTV

Apparently they think that anyone off the street knows how to do all the work required to set up addl dishes and coax and recvrs ...

The money you are saving easily pays for that. Hire a third party installer for a few hundred bucks and he comes by with a dish and wire and installs however you like. He's not asking questions, he's just doing a job.

And they may all have already had Directv do their installs for free. If you, your brother and sister already have Directv you could say "hey how about if I get a couple more DVRs from Directv, I give them to you, you guys cancel and we all split the bill?"

It also might be done with neighbors, just run a cable between houses.

There is only one company I know that would want to buy it... and that company does not have the money to do it right now.

AT&T Killed DIRECTV. The day they took over is the day that innovation stopped, and then they ran it into the ground.

No one wants to subscribe to the DIRECTV satellite service, I am hearing from a bunch of DIRECTV dealers that they can't give it away. To make matters worse DIRECTV is threatening dealers that if they don't make sales they will be terminated from selling DIRECTV as of this coming December 31st.... losing all their residuals they have earned for prior sales.

I will say it again AT&T killed DIRECTV.

There is only one company I know that would want to buy it... and that company does not have the money to do it right now.

AT&T Killed DIRECTV. The day they took over is the day that innovation stopped, and then they ran it into the ground.

No one wants to subscribe to the DIRECTV satellite service, I am hearing from a bunch of DIRECTV dealers that they can't give it away. To make matters worse DIRECTV is threatening dealers that if they don't make sales they will be terminated from selling DIRECTV as of this coming December 31st.... losing all their residuals they have earned for prior sales.

Were you ever a DirecTV customer? I think I remember you saying you used to have them over on the edgecutter site but I'm not sure

Yes, say one had DirecTV, ordered six boxes, but only need two, then one for Brother, Sister, Parents, whomever.

All they would have to do is put Dish up, wiring, stuff that is easily bought.

Basically as bad as password sharing.
had a tech tell me that i could get the sunday ticket by sat still i would just have to open a business account. he told me that he could give a sh*t he's just doing his job!!!

had a tech tell me that i could get the sunday ticket by sat still i would just have to open a business account. he told me that he could give a sh*t he's just doing his job!!!
And pay aa lot more money for it.

i wonder who would even buy AT&T'S 70% in dtv. the only one i can think of is charlie i think he's broke with him investing in his 5G network

Have you hung your "John's Bar and Grill " yet !!!!

Tell them you can only hold about 10 people, that should keep the price down ... :)
i was thinking of telling em one :biggrin. io wouldn't want a commerical acct NO genie allowed as far as i know!!! it was a complete bitch getting an HD box just for camping i don't even want to try getting a commerical acct

Oh, I thought you were talking about the H26K. My bad. It is true that Genie’s aren’t allowed on commercial accounts, I don’t know the exact reason but it might definitely be legal issues like you said.

Reactions: John2021